Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Box O' Goodies - Who Wants to Participate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
Bill, regarding the points.

1. It sounds like myself, mojodan, and rum151 are all willing to send cards in and not participate in this box. This means these cards would be new to all of the participants, and I'm sure others would be willing to send some stuff in and not participate in this first go round. I think there would be plenty of cards and as long as people add a little more than they take things should be good.

2. I would set someone up to run the next go round and then you could just take what you wanted, add a little and then there would be a new "quarterback" for the next go round that you could send the box to. It seemed as if severall members would be willing to do that.

Also I figured you could get first dibs on what's in the new box and then maybe send it to Lancemountain next since he missed out as well. I could probably send you enough stuff for about a quarter of a box to get this thing moving as I think it is a fun idea.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
That sounds reasonable. I like the idea of sending off to someone else down the road. Alright, let's get a list together. I am going to refresh post 1 with the new members and the items they collect.

sruchris

Jun 30, 2010
Does anyone have isotopes4's address? There's a chance I live nearby and I (or my cousin Bruno) may be able to visit him.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
I think that's a good idea as well and putting me second allows me to add my stuff to it.

Id like to see the box on a never ending quest. Go one through ten then back around and as it keeps going sprinkle one or two more people into it each round. Maybe by the new year we could be on a fourth round with up to 20 people in it.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
[MENTION=2455]Bill Menard[/MENTION]

i'm sending stuff just to help get the ball rolling, same rules should still apply to those participating. whatever they take out they should be adding equal or greater value back to the box. as far as you getting it back at the end, take what you want and then ship the box to someone willing to start round 3 as mentioned.

sabrgeek

Apr 10, 2010
As an FYI at this point in my life I'm more of a dealer/collector and have an inventory which can be used for other people. I can handle what is there and put in more than I take out. Sounds like a plan

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Add me to the build, i am more than willing to contribute. Just let me know what is needed from me to get this thing going.

I believe I PMed you my addy. Just send some stuff that you are ok parting with. I know you like Arod and Yankees, but what else? Another team too? A couple other players? Any specific sets or insert types? Send me you # as well via PM.

Thank you!

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
As an FYI at this point in my life I'm more of a dealer/collector and have an inventory which can be used for other people. I can handle what is there and put in more than I take out. Sounds like a plan

Send me the info requested in post 1 so I can add you in. I will PM you my addy to get cards to.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
I believe I PMed you my addy. Just send some stuff that you are ok parting with. I know you like Arod and Yankees, but what else? Another team too? A couple other players? Any specific sets or insert types? Send me you # as well via PM.

Thank you!

No, I'm not that picky I just got my sights set on Yankees, with specific interest in A Rod, I can throw a variety of stuff in, I just need to know the overall theme, vintage? 90's? So.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
No, I'm not that picky I just got my sights set on Yankees, with specific interest in A Rod, I can throw a variety of stuff in, I just need to know the overall theme, vintage? 90's? So.

Hodge podge, so send whatever.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Not sure where you got 3000 posts from? :confused::confused::confused::confused: I was simply offering a requirement of longtime standing (which you apply) or community involvement which that number has never been established (which you may or may not apply anyway)

In any case, I'm not in charge of any policy and it's up to the team at large here and Bill is our quarterback. I'll follow his play calling and I assume the rest will, too. I was just tossing out ideas.

Regarding the "3000 posts", I was using an example of where it someone sets a limit, but then is allowing exceptions, wasn't saying that was something you said. Regardless, doesn't matter. Sounds like Bill's got things under control, and PM has been sent to Bill regarding my participation in the next box.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
List of participants updated in thread post #1 , along with their requests for cards they can use.
[MENTION=8688]U L Washington Rookie[/MENTION], [MENTION=3275]Lancemountain[/MENTION], [MENTION=2196]Ashburn Alley[/MENTION], [MENTION=1906]Sly[/MENTION], [MENTION=4449]sabrgeek[/MENTION], [MENTION=9071]Enfuego79[/MENTION], you are all included so far along with me for a total of 7 people as of right now.

There are several others who have said they are sending cards, but not participating in the break. Thank you to those of you that have contacted me to do so. It is very generous of you all. Having folks like you around really helps to drown out the few bad members that surface from time to time!

U L Washington Rookie

Dec 7, 2012
D Town
I dropped a small stack of cards in the mail today to help get this box started. Hopefully some of you guys like them.

Looks like we're still looking for three more dependable members to sign up. Who's in?

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
[MENTION=2455]Bill Menard[/MENTION] - Did anyone try calling the local police regarding the stolen box? Obviously we have his address, and considering it's probably a couple thousand dollars worth of stuff that was stolen, they may at least make a visit. Just a thought.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
If you guys can't fill the 10 spots ill jump in again to get it rolling. But only if it doesn't fill, I wanted others who didn't get in last round to get in this one.

Members online