Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2019 BOWMAN FINAL CHECKLIST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Last edited:

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Pleased at the inclusion of Franco/Martinez/Bart as autos.
VERY DISPLEASED at the cavalier listing of their parallels. Simply saying there are XX parallels to chase is extremely shady.

I wouldn't be giddy yet - you have to remember sell sheets are mockups and subjects or the visual look of the card might not exist when the actual product hits the streets. Get giddy if those athletes are on the first released checklist.

As for parallels, they must have decided how many but are still deciding which of the 1000 color names they will use for the parallels this year. Do you really need to know right now if cognac is going to be one of the parallels this year?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I wouldn't be giddy yet - you have to remember sell sheets are mockups and subjects or the visual look of the card might not exist when the actual product hits the streets. Get giddy if those athletes are on the first released checklist.

As for parallels, they must have decided how many but are still deciding which of the 1000 color names they will use for the parallels this year. Do you really need to know right now if cognac is going to be one of the parallels this year?
Never said I WAS giddy. And yes, as far as parallels, I DO need to know in order to make an informed decision. They do so for each product, so why not now?

Sent from my XT1650 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I'm liking the return of the ROY favorites autos and will be keeping an eye on the 1989 buyback autos as well. Chrome Prospect Autos - speckle refractor?

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Getting close to the original release date. Any updates from Topps?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Getting close to the original release date. Any updates from Topps?

They've been announcing names daily, beginning this past Monday. Plus, the names I've discovered from players' Instagram accounts have these guys in it:

Rookie Autographs
Michael Kopech (White Sox)

Prospect Autographs
Wander Franco (Rays)
Joey Bart (Giants)
J.P. Martinez (Rangers)

Cristian Santana (Dodgers)
Julio Rodriguez (Mariners)
Tommy Romero (Rays)
Isranel Wilson (Braves)
Ryan Costello (Twins)
Seuly Matias (Royals)
Ryan McKenna (Orioles)
Victor Victor Mesa (Marlins)
Blaze Alexander (DBacks)
Genesis Cabrera (Cardinals)
Derian Cruz (Braves)
Vladimir Guerrero Jr. (Blue Jays)
Ronny Mauricio (Mets)
Eloy Jimenez (White Sox)
Marco Luciano (Giants)

Those in bold were announced by Topps. Keep in mind the others may be held back until Bowman Chrome if Topps didn't have sufficient time to pack them out.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Normally I'm against players having a second prospect auto, but Vladdy and Eloy get passes from me, considering how popular they are, and how expensive their first prospect autos are now.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Thanks [MENTION=1770]Jaypers[/MENTION].

That's all I needed to know to make my decision. I pre-ordered two jumbo cases @ $1,750/each and will stick with it, hopefully the auto checklist doesn't get too out of control.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014

Thanks JP. Initial reaction is, RC lineup is much weaker than 2018 which will not help the lineup of RC inserts. With a prospect auto lineup just over 50, every case is likely to have some of the big names which will be nice. Not sure what I think of the design yet but I am reserving my opinion on that until I have some in hand. With prices being where they are currently, I probably should just sell my two jumbo cases. What's the fun in that though?

Anybody here busting?

Edit: just over 60 prospect autos

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Prospect Auto Team Breakdown

Zero - Red Sox, Astros, Brewers, A's
One - Reds, Angels, Mets, Yankees, Mariners, Nationals
Two - Braves, Cubs, Tigers, Dodgers, Twins, Pirates, Rangers, Blue Jays
Three - DBacks, Orioles, White Sox, Indians, Rockies, Marlins, Phillies, Padres, Giants
Four - Royals, Cardinals
Five - Rays

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Prospect Auto Team Breakdown

Zero - Red Sox, Astros, Brewers, A's
One - Reds, Angels, Mets, Yankees, Mariners, Nationals
Two - Braves, Cubs, Tigers, Dodgers, Twins, Pirates, Rangers, Blue Jays
Three - DBacks, Orioles, White Sox, Indians, Rockies, Marlins, Phillies, Padres, Giants
Four - Royals, Cardinals
Five - Rays

I don't do PYT breaks, so some of the teams that do not have prospect autos is not a big deal to me. Among those teams though, are there players you feel Topps missed on by not having them in this product? Where would you place the prospect auto checklist compared to years past? Thank you for your incite as always.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I don't do PYT breaks, so some of the teams that do not have prospect autos is not a big deal to me. Among those teams though, are there players you feel Topps missed on by not having them in this product? Where would you place the prospect auto checklist compared to years past? Thank you for your incite as always.

Just to address your request from earlier -

Alonso Super.jpg

As for notable omissions, off the top of my head, we have Tebow, Murray, Beer, Pilkington, Kloffenstein, Isbel, Newton, Kelly, Nova, Patino, L. Soto, Scherff, D. Garcia, Brujan, Valera, Rocchio, Rengifo & Luis Garcia (the Philly one).

I give the entire CL a B+.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Just to address your request from earlier -

View attachment 88237

That is a thing of beauty.

As for notable omissions, off the top of my head, we have Tebow, Murray, Beer, Pilkington, Kloffenstein, Isbel, Newton, Kelly, Nova, Patino, L. Soto, Scherff, D. Garcia, Brujan, Valera, Rocchio, Rengifo & Luis Garcia (the Philly one).

I give the entire CL a B+.

I know breaking is not usually for you but are you busting any?

Members online

Latest posts