Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA's Organizational Top 10 Prospects List Official Thread (ALL 30 TEAMS)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
What did they say about Dillon Howard?

[MENTION=1770]Jaypers[/MENTION]413 (IL): Can you give us the skinny on Dillon Howard's struggles in the AZL? Are you optimistic about him? Finally, did he place in the 11-20 range?

Ben Badler: He came into spring training out of shape and just wasn't prepared to handle what was ahead of him. Then he had some knee and elbow issues that didn't help, his velocity dipped into the 80s and the sinker stopped sinking. Obviously you can see the results of that formula from what happened to him this season. I can't say I'm optimistic about him, but I wouldn't write him off just based on this year, even if his stock dropped like a ton of bricks.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
BA's Organizational Top 10 Prospects List Official Thread (AL Central)

It's pretty amazing how quickly Avisail Garcia moved up the ranks. If I remember right he wasn't even in them last year. He was a mention at the end.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
It's pretty amazing how quickly Avisail Garcia moved up the ranks. If I remember right he wasn't even in them last year. He was a mention at the end.

He was #10 on their list last year.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
TOP TEN
PROSPECTS
1. Carlos Correa, ss
2. Jonathan Singleton, 1b
3. George Springer, of
4. Lance McCullers, rhp
5. Mike Foltynewicz, rhp
6. Delino DeShields, 2b
7. Jarred Cosart, rhp
8. Rio Ruiz, 3b
9. Nick Tropeano, rhp
10. Nolan Fontana, ss

BEST
TOOLS
Best Hitter for Average Jonathan Singleton
Best Power Hitter Carlos Correa
Best Strike Zone Discipline Nolan Fontana
Fastest Baserunner Delino DeShields
Best Athlete George Springer
Best Fastball Lance McCullers
Best Curveball Jarred Cosart
Best Slider Lance McCullers
Best Changeup Nick Tropeano
Best Control Brady Rodgers
Best Defensive Catcher Roberto Pena
Best Defensive Infielder Carlos Correa
Best Infield Arm Carlos Correa
Best Defensive OF George Springer
Best Outfield Arm George Springer

PROJECTED 2016
LINEUP
Catcher Jason Castro
First Base Jonathan Singleton
Second Base Jose Altuve
Third Base Jed Lowrie
Shortstop Carlos Correa
Left Field Domingo Santana
Center Field Delino DeShields Jr.
Right Field George Springer
Designated Hitter Rio Ruiz
No. 1 Starter Lance McCullers Jr.
No. 2 Starter Mike Foltynewicz
No. 3 Starter Bud Norris
No. 4 Starter Jordan Lyles
No. 5 Starter Nick Tropeano
Closer Jarred Cosart

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Called it.

@Jaypers413 (IL): How close to the top 10 was Domingo Santana, and what did evaluators have to say about his tools while playing in the CAL?

John Manuel: Hey everyone, thanks for coming. Good place to start as any -- Santana was in my first iteration of the Top 10. I just kept coming back to safer bets like Tropeano and Fontana because of Santana's propensity to swing and miss, but he's about as good as a No. 11 prospect as there is right now, and his Grade-Risk will be pretty equal to those of Tropeano and Fontana. I believe pretty strongly in those two as solid big leaguers; Santana has a higher reward but is much higher risk. I just worry about his adjustments to breaking balls and his overall hit tool. But I could have run him up the list as high as No. 8 and defended it easily.

Members online

Latest posts