Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Group Buy from Baseball Card Exchange - Round 3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
Hmmm I got in on rounds one and two... Let me research again what the hits are in each box.

I know we were never able to fill it (and probably won't be able too this time) but seeing '93 SP would be interesting ;)

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

I have a 93 SP box I would pack out. I pm'd Bill Menard to see if he would be interested in doing it and maybe a 36 pack 1992 Bowman Jumbo box, but never heard anything back from him.

I may contact Andrew and see if he would be interested in a Team or Random break for either.

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I have a 93 SP box I would pack out. I pm'd Bill Menard to see if he would be interested in doing it and maybe a 36 pack 1992 Bowman Jumbo box, but never heard anything back from him.

I may contact Andrew and see if he would be interested in a Team or Random break for either.

No go on Team break for '93 SP for obvious reasons. I'd be interesting in a pack out. What would be your price per pack if Bill or Andrew did it?

---

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
If I remember right, the last time the 1993 SP was offered and filled it was somewhere around $18 and change per. I would be somewhere in that range. It would just depend on what either would ask for their time and what it would cost me to ship it to them.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
If I remember right, the last time the 1993 SP was offered and filled it was somewhere around $18 and change per. I would be somewhere in that range. It would just depend on what either would ask for their time and what it would cost me to ship it to them.

Ahhhh I guess I didn't remember it being that high. Nevermind on the idea. I love the idea of pulling a Jeter RC but I guess I'd rather put the price of two or three packs towards just buying the card outright lol

---

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
Ahhhh I guess I didn't remember it being that high. Nevermind on the idea. I love the idea of pulling a Jeter RC but I guess I'd rather put the price of two or three packs towards just buying the card outright lol

---

I'm not 100% sure that is what the price was, but I could do it for at or very near what the last one sold out at. I have checked all the major online retailers and none of them have them.

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
I still think a 1992 Bowman Team break could be fun. With 36 packs and 23 cards per pack. Think of the possibility of multiple Rivera, Pedro, Piazza, Chipper and the other rc's.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Sorry - I didn't get back you because I was waiting to see how we did with filling what is already here. Not much luck yet! Looks like you are moving the 92 Bowman to Andrew though. Also, 93SP was $16.88/pack and was a nightmare to fill, so I don't think I'd be down for that product again. It's basically a big gamble on getting the one pack that can pay you back with a minty fresh Jeter, so it's tough to convince people to take that chance. That wax is very dried up though and of course there are people that want a pack fresh Jeter for grading, but they are very tough right out of the packs too and they stick at this point in time from years of sitting in there, so that just increases the chances for damage. Sorry - I didn't mean to turn the thread into a discussion on pack and box options!

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
Not a problem. I couldn't remember what the price of the 93 SP was, but I will probably hang on to it for now. Just know I have one if you want to offer it in the future.

Sorry - I didn't get back you because I was waiting to see how we did with filling what is already here. Not much luck yet! Looks like you are moving the 92 Bowman to Andrew though. Also, 93SP was $16.88/pack and was a nightmare to fill, so I don't think I'd be down for that product again. It's basically a big gamble on getting the one pack that can pay you back with a minty fresh Jeter, so it's tough to convince people to take that chance. That wax is very dried up though and of course there are people that want a pack fresh Jeter for grading, but they are very tough right out of the packs too and they stick at this point in time from years of sitting in there, so that just increases the chances for damage. Sorry - I didn't mean to turn the thread into a discussion on pack and box options!

bcubs

Apr 8, 2009
Springfield, IL
[MENTION=2455]Bill Menard[/MENTION] Will this buy be happening? Doesn't look like much action and I was curious how long before we decide what to do.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
The buy would close September 15 at 8:00pm EST, or when it sells out; whichever comes FIRST. Anything not sold out by then will be cancelled from the order. BBCE will not break up sealed product, so if we don't sell a full box out, we can't get it. If nothing sells out, we won't buy anything and will cancel altogether.

@Bill Menard Will this buy be happening? Doesn't look like much action and I was curious how long before we decide what to do.

bcubs

Apr 8, 2009
Springfield, IL
The buy would close September 15 at 8:00pm EST, or when it sells out; whichever comes FIRST. Anything not sold out by then will be cancelled from the order. BBCE will not break up sealed product, so if we don't sell a full box out, we can't get it. If nothing sells out, we won't buy anything and will cancel altogether.

It's been tough for me lately to get in on the CU Forum breaks due to timing and I am hoping this one gets enough interest we can pull it together. I'm not optimistic though based on where we stand right now.

Members online