Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Thrift Store Thread - Sports Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mellowturtle

Feb 3, 2014
Thanks [MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION]

I probably spend a little too much time in the book section at Goodwill, but it pays off every now and then.

Jun 30, 2010
Here are some recent highlights.

View attachment 44980View attachment 44981
The newest Atlanta HOFer

View attachment 44982View attachment 44983
America's favorite cynic.

View attachment 44984View attachment 44985
America's mayor.

View attachment 44986View attachment 44987
Former Speaker of the House.

View attachment 44988
Collectible playing cards

View attachment 44989
Tokyo Disneyland collectible plate

View attachment 44990
Danny Heatley ROY bobblehead

View attachment 44991
These were a buck each. Still haven't figured out who they are. Anybody got any ideas?

View attachment 44992View attachment 44993
A plethora of Braves hats. The WS hat is going into my PC.

View attachment 44994View attachment 44995
Redsox and Pirates are youth-sized.

View attachment 44996View attachment 44997

View attachment 44998View attachment 44999
Ethiopian-themed hats!

View attachment 45000
New Boston Braves hats

View attachment 45001
100% Wool Mitchell & Ness LA Kings Large Logo Snapback.

The baseball of the right is Andres Galarraga..... Did you find these in the Atlanta Area?

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
Last edited:

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Found this at Goodwill a few weeks ago.

Didn't pay a dollar for it.

Sold for $50.00 on eBay.

10897112_10154983991920082_1729397405402943618_n.jpg

lambert58

Sep 29, 2008
Melbourne, FL
Not sure what happened to this thread as it was always active, but here are a few new items. Could be that down here in Florida you can hit sales year round, but I'm guessing Cali would be good all year round as well.
Anyway:
Barbie Polaroid
BarbieCam.JPG
Sean Casey Bobblehead
Casey Bobble.JPG
Chorizo Bobblehead
Chorizo.JPG
Frank Howard bobbelhead
Howard Bobble.JPG
Lebron Bobblehead
Lebron Bobble.JPG
Not sure if I showed this before- UD Jumbo Jordan
Jordan Jumbo.JPG
He-Man figures - also came in a case with weapons and stuff
HeMan Case3.JPG
Dinky Firetruck
Firetruck1.JPG
Battle Beast figures
Beast series 1.9.JPG
Skyline Chili Clock
Skyline1.JPG
World Cup soccer ball
World Cup 1.JPG
Plus a bunch of other stuff that you may find boring so I won't show them, but they all sell for decent money..Anyway, hope to see some more post to this amazing thread soon.

byronscott4ever

Dec 3, 2009
Not sure what happened to this thread as it was always active, but here are a few new items. Could be that down here in Florida you can hit sales year round, but I'm guessing Cali would be good all year round as well.
Anyway:
Barbie Polaroid
View attachment 47084
Sean Casey Bobblehead
View attachment 47085
Chorizo Bobblehead
View attachment 47086
Frank Howard bobbelhead
View attachment 47087
Lebron Bobblehead
View attachment 47088
Not sure if I showed this before- UD Jumbo Jordan
View attachment 47089
He-Man figures - also came in a case with weapons and stuff
View attachment 47090
Dinky Firetruck
View attachment 47091
Battle Beast figures
View attachment 47092
Skyline Chili Clock
View attachment 47093
World Cup soccer ball
View attachment 47094
Plus a bunch of other stuff that you may find boring so I won't show them, but they all sell for decent money..Anyway, hope to see some more post to this amazing thread soon.

Love the Jordan jumbo!

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Nice stuff, and the reason this thread kind of fell off is that two of its best and brightest barely post on FCB anymore... [MENTION=4248]rum151man[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6366]ASTROBURN[/MENTION]

lambert58

Sep 29, 2008
Melbourne, FL
Yes Rum is certainly the man! Astroburn was super nice and gave me some advice on T-shirts. Why are they not posting anymore? Rum is the official god of this thread, he needs to come back!

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I think they've both kinda got out of the card game, but I don't know why they still stopped posting here altogether

gojacks63

Jan 23, 2013
Im a big time shoe collector! I was wondering what kind of shoe pickups you guys have pulled off.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Aww, I didnt know you guys cared ;)

I actually hung up my card collecting about 95 percent. I still troll ebay, but not nightly like I used to. Was disgruntled by where my collection had reached, and the hoops I would have to go thru to pursue it. So I scaled way back. I do have a decent number of cards sitting on my shelf (I am already falling away from my new years goal of maintaining incoming cards in a timely manner), plus I acquired a huge white whale for my PC last week. Probably gonna make it my "Purchase of the Year", so to speak.

I havent spent much time on here because I really havent had the free time to do so. I recently redid the furniture in our place. We had been living out of dressers and stacked cube storage for a while, and I used our tax refund to update and increase our storage. Heres a before shot of our bedroom:
a.jpg

And after:
b.jpg

And my Girls' room (didnt take a before shot. Wish i did. It was a dresser with added drawers and cubes stacked on top.)
c.jpg

The problem now is that I missed Sportscardtheory's invite to the mlbtv subscription. I messaged him back (just now, he messaged me 10 days ago), so I'm kicking myself for that one.

As for thrifting... I have been busy with side stuff, that 2 weeks ago I scored 72 shirts on dollar t shirt day. I did wash them 5 days ago, but I still need to process them and do pictures. Like I said, I've been busy. Once I add them, I'll be close to 900 items. I took down my knick knack stuff and am just doing shirts, jerseys and jackets (I am selling some knick knacks for my uncle though - shipping screwed me on some of that). I went and bought a shelving unit for my closet, so I didnt have to move 5 boxes if I sold something from the bottom box, so thats a nice addition to my closet.

So here I sit, procrastinating taking pictures of the pile on my bed. Letting you all know why I have been absent. If you wish to catch up with me, feel free to hit me up on FB (Nathan Misenheimer). It would be nice to hear from the fcb group once in a while, in case I cant get on more.

Members online