Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who is undervalued?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
Who in your opinion as a player or former player's cards are undervalued? This doesn't have to be a prospect. Just curious to see everyone's thoughts.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Lots of guys from the 80s-90s. Glavine, Pedro, Piazza, Glavine, Ivan Rodriguez all deserve bigger fan bases, IMHO, but I don't collect any of these guys, either, so who amI to say? But yeah, Frank Robinson is who I thought of first. He retired #4 on the hr list, triple crown, 2x MVP, RoY, slam dunk 1st ballot HoF and no one cares.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Aaron yes, Mathews yes, and as he wasn't mentioned in either post Warren Spahn maybe the most underrated :)

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
What about Eddie Murray? I have never understood why people aren't that interested in him. He is one of the few with 500 hr and 3000 hits.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Good point on Murray. I think because he, and many other guys mentioned, had awesome career numbers but no OMG seasons (50 homers, .390 BA, etc) and they didn't really dominate a category like leading the league in hitting 7 years in a row, or have huge profiles that people just paid attention to, they just get overlooked. If you ask a non-Orioles fan to name his top 3 Eddie Murray moments, does anyone have any?

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
There's a point in there about "popularity" multiplying "value" more than on-field performance as well

Members online