Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

90's Break - we're full!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
[MENTION=11259]tidel144[/MENTION] bringin the heat, hot damn! Great options.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
What do you think the ballpark price for a slot will be?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Let's pretend we purchase one of everything Tidel has proposed. That's $1100.

Let's also pretend we define 30 stars that each get their own slot. If we add the 2 extra slots for AL/NL non-stars, that's 32 slots.

Product price is $1100/32 slots = $34/slot + shipping

Pretty affordable, considering the potential.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

Let's also pretend we define 30 stars that each get their own slot. If we add the 2 extra slots for AL/NL non-stars, that's 32 slots.

So you’re thinking snake draft? Also, I’m guessing Belle wouldn’t be a star? So I’d shoot for the AL or something. Could be fun.

I think if we got some nice boxes, everyone should be good for $40 buy in.

I’d also recommend everyone have the option for pay the shipping and you send the cards... or forgo the shipping and you keep the cards lol.

Can someone take a stab at what the top 30 players list would be? Just curious what it would look like. So many good players from that era.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Nevermind, simple Google search showed top 25 as the following from 1 to 25...

Griffey Jr.
Bonds
Thomas
Bagwell
Roberto Alomar
Larry Walker
Belle
Juan Gon
Sheffield
Piazza
Palmero
Edgar
Biggio
Fred McGriff
McGwire
Larkin
Sosa
Bichette
Bernie
Gwynn
Mo V
Lofton
Paul O
Ripken
Ivan R.

Then pick 5 more and there is your top 30. I think we’re into something.

caster513

Jul 16, 2013
Cincinnati, OH

I am in, That all sounds good to me!

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
I’m in. So you are saying I should stop buying every box I come across that’s good to bust for this break?! lol

One product 100% x infinity to not bust is 93 SP. For $2400 your better off trying to buy some PSA 8 and re sub them. I opened some at $300 and wanted to cry. Jeter doesn’t even fall 1 per box. I’m down for as much 93 Finest and 96 Certified. Those bloodbaths are only $600ish and we can all enjoy the pain :)

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
I'm good with ~$40 a slot.

I definitely vote to include the 1998 EX-2001 box. Also, another FCB member was recently posting that he had a box or two of 1999 Fleer Tradition. The odds of hitting a Starting 9 are astronomical, but it would be fun to include a box of that if the price is right.

That list of top 25 90's players doesn't include any pitchers. We should at least add Maddux, Johnson, Pedro, Glavine, Rivera, Clemens to the mix.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Nevermind, simple Google search showed top 25 as the following from 1 to 25...

Griffey Jr.
Bonds
Thomas
Bagwell
Roberto Alomar
Larry Walker
Belle
Juan Gon
Sheffield
Piazza
Palmero
Edgar
Biggio
Fred McGriff
McGwire
Larkin
Sosa
Bichette
Bernie
Gwynn
Mo V
Lofton
Paul O
Ripken
Ivan R.

Then pick 5 more and there is your top 30. I think we’re into something.

This is a good start! Let's add [MENTION=12279]banjar[/MENTION]'s pitchers to make a strong 30. I would say let's remove Mo Vaughn and put Jeter in. I can't see anyone buy a Mo Vaughn slot.

Also, I wasn't planning on a snake draft, but that can make it fun. Any other opinions on that?

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
I’m in. So you are saying I should stop buying every box I come across that’s good to bust for this break?! lol

One product 100% x infinity to not bust is 93 SP. For $2400 your better off trying to buy some PSA 8 and re sub them. I opened some at $300 and wanted to cry. Jeter doesn’t even fall 1 per box. I’m down for as much 93 Finest and 96 Certified. Those bloodbaths are only $600ish and we can all enjoy the pain :)

'93 SP is ridiculous, and only a favor to whoever gets the Jeter slot. Yes - stop buying every box so we can do it as a group! :D

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Also, I saw a question earlier on AL/NL and what defines that. Let's go with the divisions as they stood at the end of 1999.

niZCY6r.png

7auyOTs.png

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
[MENTION=11259]tidel144[/MENTION] bringin the heat, hot damn! Great options.

Yessir! Glad to help.

One of each box would be ideal and all EX boxes (2 ‘98, 1 ‘99) would be awesome.

May have a lead on a ‘96 Select Certified box off-eBay, just let me know if you need me to reach out.

Thanks for taking the lead and organizing. This should be fun.

-Rodney

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
A personal fav of mine. 1-2 Reserve Collections, an AP, some Showcase Series parallels, a blast master insert, and some of those heart of the orders.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nice-New-S...984883?hash=item36386e45b3:g:rBAAAOSwAwFazAMP

Just a joke here - he knows what it's worth. Has one listed for $999.99 LOLOL
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-Topps...312327?hash=item2cda6faac7:g:OhMAAOSwq-9biafB

1998 Donruss Collections can be absolutely brutal. I ran a group break on it where we did a case or more. We were shut out and zero Preferred Prized Collections. I've felt guilty ever since. Then again, I also did a tiny break that included one box of Collections and someone hit a Piazza Preferred Prized.

I enjoy some Pacific stuff, but did not see any on ebay.

I found some other stuff I'll PM to linux

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
Proposed 90's Break

I'm good with ~$40 a slot.

I definitely vote to include the 1998 EX-2001 box. Also, another FCB member was recently posting that he had a box or two of 1999 Fleer Tradition. The odds of hitting a Starting 9 are astronomical, but it would be fun to include a box of that if the price is right.

That list of top 25 90's players doesn't include any pitchers. We should at least add Maddux, Johnson, Pedro, Glavine, Rivera, Clemens to the mix.

Found 5 boxes of 1999 Fleer Tradition - I think we should include all 5 in the break:
1999 Fleer Tradition ($34/box, 3 available). Not sure about shipping but it shouldn’t be more than $10/box
1999 Fleer Tradition ($55/box, 1 available)
1999 Fleer Tradition ($51/box, 1 available)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma

Sounds awesome and I'd definitely be up for that. If we could find some 1999 Fleer Tradition to throw in to chase some Starting 9s that would be great.

At $40 or less a slot I'd also be in for 2, maybe 3 if there was a need for it.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts