Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

May Pickup Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

That Matty is sooooo underrated.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Excellent! Only thing I don't care for is how hard it is to get a really good pic of the mathewson. Don't see many of those though

What do you mean? The picture on the card, or the way the seller took the picture of the card?

I'm a huge fan of that card, and pick up copies whenever I can. Along with Ruth, Gehrig and a few others (and possibly even more so than Ruth and Gehrig) I believe that Mathewson Game-Used items are something we will likely never see produced again due to the scarcity and sheer cost of the game-used items. With many people collecting HOF game-used items, and Mathewson one of the all-time greats, it's a card I think will only become harder to pick up as time goes on.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I simply meant the difficulty in getting a good quality picture of this card that doesn't wipe out the name or his picture or both in trying to get everything to show up well. I don't have a scanner so it's been difficult for me. Love the cards

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Kind of torn on this one. Not a big Palmeiro fan and the auto is not great, but this set is close to impossible to find...

$_57.JPG

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
i-W5CVmkv-L.jpg

$12.25 delivered

Makes me want to cry. I followed Crawford from the time he was a rookie and used to own roughly 50% of the BGS 9.5's. Still have around 10 and paid a fortune compared to current prices. Wish he could become a full-time player again; he was as exciting as anyone in baseball for many years.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Makes me want to cry. I followed Crawford from the time he was a rookie and used to own roughly 50% of the BGS 9.5's. Still have around 10 and paid a fortune compared to current prices. Wish he could become a full-time player again; he was as exciting as anyone in baseball for many years.

I've always been a fan of his. Wasn't even looking for this card, but I think it popped up as a recommended auction on eBay (first time that's ever paid off). He'll finish his career with a 40+ WAR, which puts him in the same range as Justice, Salmon, Kendall, Belle, Strawberry. Not a bad career.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Today I was able to scan my recent pickups and wanted to share this Frank Robinson card [MENTION=3744]cjedmonton[/MENTION] sent as a prize in his Stack the Deck game. I was thrilled to add this vintage Reds card to my collection and wanted to share how amazing he and his games are here on FCB!
1958 Topps Frank Robinson All Star FRONT.jpg1958 Topps Frank Robinson All Star BACK.jpg

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
0515_0001_zps32w2vw59.jpg

This unexpectedly came from Topps as a replacement for my 2013 BC Orange Ref auto of Patrick Leonard. So it would appear that after waiting 2 years, the Leonard autos will never exist. I guess I’d rather have this than a base Ryan Ripken BC auto (like other folks are getting as replacements).
0515_0002_zpso07tzdlg.jpg

I also have a boat-load of new Bowman singles that I need to scan.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL

You were my first thought here. Unreal. $12. Wow.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts