Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage and hall of fame patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
I know it's not a patch but I had to show it off just picked it up!!!
image_3.jpeg

A_Pharis

Sellers that recruit bidders to protect prices are trash. It's easy to spot, too:

- one buyer tends to bid similarly on each "round" of listings.
- they bid with an even number instead of a "smart" bid.
- bids are generally higher than Rocksolid historical sales.
- any auction that buyer wins shows back up a few weeks later by same seller

Last edited:

A_Pharis

Non-Crazy Person Addendum: it may not be the case this time... But it follows that pattern. I bid in a way that protects me from shill bidders. It also allows me to control bid increments. A side effect of that is often catching people with sloppy bids. If it allows me to get to my max without being stuck being beat by a minimum bid increment, then that's the way I play it. So, yes - I often bid in "cent" amounts that guarantee that someone shilling my bids won't push me to a set amount.

So when I see someone hitting what I'd expect to be my max and having those cards show back up EVERY TIME I get a bit skeptical - especially when the seller is widely speculated to do it already.

Last edited:

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Non-Crazy Person Addendum: it may not be the case this time... But it follows that pattern. I bid in a way that protects me from shill bidders. It also allows me to control bid increments. A side effect of that is often catching people with sloppy bids. If it allows me to get to my max without being stuck being beat by a minimum bid increment, then that's the way I play it. So, yes - I often bid in "cent" amounts that guarantee that someone shilling my bids won't push me to a set amount.

So so when I see someone hitting what I'd expect to be my max and having those cards show back up EVERY TOME I get a bit skeptical - especially when the seller is widely speculated to do it already.

Couldn't agree more!

Latest posts