Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage and hall of fame patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcgoo2

May 30, 2013
That Fabric of the Game Killebrew is beautiful...I'm jealous. I actually have that Carew's cousin:

mcgoo2

May 30, 2013
As a twins fan you just made my jaw drop :) that carew national treasures knob is crazy awesome! Thanks for sharing :)

It's actually the luckiest I've ever gotten in this hobby! I'm a Twins fan as well and pulled it myself out of a single box of 2012 NT when the product came out. While geeking out, I searched for examples of Carew writing his number on the end on his bat and lo and behold, the bat example on the home page of the PSA/DNA Rod Carew section looked familiar:

attachment.php

Apparently, Panini bought a probable 1983 All Star Game Used Rod Carew Bat that PSA/DNA used as an example, took the sticker off of the top end of the barrel (you can see a bit of the residue was left on the scan of my card), cut it up, and put the end of the barrel in the set!

To back this up even further I was able to track the auction Panini purchased the bat from on www.ha.com 8 months before the product came out.

Attachments

• Carew(1B03197).JPG
    Carew(1B03197).JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 278

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
I would like to introduce everyone to mr. Ty Cobb :)
this is one of the best cards I have ever laid my eyes on :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 56

A_Pharis

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
What Kurt and Adam are trying to say is while most of us love and appreciate that set some of those Tott's are 100% fake. It sucks but many of us have followed this set for years are their are known fakes in that collection. While alot of them are original and beauties unfortunately some are not.
Great collection thanks for the share

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
In '05 start with the cards that show a patch but don't say prime on the card.

I must be missing something because all the cards say either prime or laundry tag on them.

I'm unfamiliar with the details and history of this set mostly because Mariano isn't in it. But I like knowing as much as I can on fakes.

Scott F

Members online

Latest posts