Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone Breaking Leaf Ichiro Immortals Collection?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Sorry, I just copied the image code from photobucket. Is there another way I can post it?

photobucket_zps1370f8d6.jpg

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Thanks, I updated the settings to match your picture here so hopefully no one else sees the commercials and can just look at the picture.

No worries. Just being a pain in the a$$ but it is so annoying when on mobile and get redirected to a commercial and the photobucket lol. Just don't want to leave FCB ;)

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

slaneyjason

Feb 19, 2012
This may be off topic but how does Leaf make any money on a product like this? 300 total boxes... How much were they to purchase from Leaf? I saw a box on ebay for $750. If leaf sold them for $750/box, that's only $225,000 for the entire product. I'm sure Ichiro got paid right? Maybe everyone knows but I don't get it. Little help

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
This may be off topic but how does Leaf make any money on a product like this? 300 total boxes... How much were they to purchase from Leaf? I saw a box on ebay for $750. If leaf sold them for $750/box, that's only $225,000 for the entire product. I'm sure Ichiro got paid right? Maybe everyone knows but I don't get it. Little help

There was a thread back when this product was announced, might search and look for it. Brian from Leaf posted in the thread mentioning this release was going to be a breakeven venture for them at best, and that they were just wanting to see if they could do super high-end right. Basically a brand building release if im recalling the post(s) accurately.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

slaneyjason

Feb 19, 2012
There was a thread back when this product was announced, might search and look for it. Brian from Leaf posted in the thread mentioning this release was going to be a breakeven venture for them at best, and that they were just wanting to see if they could do super high-end right. Basically a brand building release if im recalling the post(s) accurately.

Thanks. I'll check it out

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school

I'm sure they made at least some on this product. However, if its a success it could open up a lot of avenues later on to make even more money for them.

So far I really like the look of these cards!

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
The original discussion thread:
http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130273

comments I was referencing:
You'll laugh, but our costs on some elements are MUCH higher:

Game used jerseys (real, while most in market fake):
Mariners $5k
Yankees $10k
Bat $4k

Printing costs --- $80 box!!!!!

This is a low/no profit item designed to test our skills at ultra high end..

Letterman are not game used, but are his first (and should be) only ever letterman...

BG

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I'm sure they made at least some on this product. However, if its a success it could open up a lot of avenues later on to make even more money for them.

The other avenues to make more money are probably the other products Leaf has released with Ichiro cards in them. Those not being exclusively Ichiro themed products gives the chance of making a good profit on the product overall.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I bought into a group break draft with a breaker named PakerBob that is going on live right now. He's taken the cards off camera to resort them cause the were a mess, so I'll let you know what we pulled in just a moment.

I love this guy! There is hope for us after all! :p

I see packerbob has both the Yankees and Mariners in this break. Nothing to see here lol

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
An Ichiro signed book #d /5 sold for $500. These cards are nice enough but i don't see the need for a book a card with one autograph and nothing else but text.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Leaf-I...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I pulled one of these in one box and here you have a need for a book.

http://www.collectingichiro.com/ud02-aue.jpg

To me they are a bit of a pain to store/display so i feel a book card should be reserved for cards with items or autos that won't fit on a single card.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
An Ichiro signed book #d /5 sold for $500. These cards are nice enough but i don't see the need for a book a card with one autograph and nothing else but text.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Leaf-Ichiro-Immortal-Collection-BOOKLET-AUTO-AUTOGRAPH-3-5-200-HITS-X-10-YR-/321280670019?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item4acdd1f943&nma=true&si=I01vUu8kKbQ90eOysTP4kVDBiew%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I pulled one of these in one box and here you have a need for a book.

http://www.collectingichiro.com/ud02-aue.jpg

To me they are a bit of a pain to store/display so i feel a book card should be reserved for cards with items or autos that won't fit on a single card.

Agree. Now that they have the booklet magnetics though which are extrememly nice.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Still pondering what to do with these boxes...

The /5 booklet for $500 is encouraging, but need to see where the more regular autos are ending before committing. Or if my chances of a bigger cut auto pull remain.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
Still pondering what to do with these boxes...

The /5 booklet for $500 is encouraging, but need to see where the more regular autos are ending before committing. Or if my chances of a bigger cut auto pull remain.

I'd sit for a little while. See how much the normal autos are going for. And as more and more get broken since its such a small product as long as bigger cards aren't pulled your chances go up. But if people start pulling the cuts then that could hurt the value of sealed boxes.

Best of luck to you sir!

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
I'd sit for a little while. See how much the normal autos are going for. And as more and more get broken since its such a small product as long as bigger cards aren't pulled your chances go up. But if people start pulling the cuts then that could hurt the value of sealed boxes.

Best of luck to you sir!
With only a few cuts i bet the box prices will drop a bit.

A regular auto /5 sold for $399
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leaf-ICHIRO...1340321787?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item3388e947fb

A letterman sold for 385

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008

We don't make money...
Contrary to the hater belief I'm only in it for the money, the market needs unreal value once in a while .. BG

Members online

Latest posts