Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

B.J. Upton could be demoted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kerryfan5

Sep 17, 2012
Ohio thourgh Dickinson, N.D.
What gets me time and again is the pure praise for Justin. Yes he is a good ball player. But for years now he has been talked about like he's this beast of a player and to tell you the truth, he doesn't stand out in my mind as being as good as everyone makes him out to be. And of course I get some people telling me to just wait and see. Like I said, I won't argue that he's a good player. I'm just surprised the hype hasn't died down by now. Is everyone still expecting him to turn it up a few more notches?

Agreed.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008

Upton was the prospecting poster child (literally!) almost a decade ago and helped drive sales of the new, 2004 Aflac set - which was heavily 'hyped' by some almost as much as Upton himself was. He's interesting in that his hobby popularity among some circles may be greater than his general baseball popularity.

Years from now, hobbyists will wonder why people continued to pay so much for his cards even when it was obvious he would never make the HOF.

Last edited:

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
I thought it was the dumbest move any team has made in years.. BJ hasn't hit above .250 since his rookie year (correct me if I am wrong)

Agreed, would rather have Michael Bourne still

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Demoted? He would do better flipping burgers.Now he can laugh alllll the way to the bank. Braves front office are bufones for that contract. I said that 2 months ago and a lot of you here chastised me for it. This will come down as the worse signing in all of sports history.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
This will come down as the worse signing in all of sports history.
Wow, exaggerate much?
There are probably hundreds of sports signings that are worse than B.J. Upton, who's only played two months into his five-year contract.
Just Google worse sports signings, and you'll find dozens of websites listing signings much worse than Upton.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
What gets me time and again is the pure praise for Justin. Yes he is a good ball player. But for years now he has been talked about like he's this beast of a player and to tell you the truth, he doesn't stand out in my mind as being as good as everyone makes him out to be. And of course I get some people telling me to just wait and see. Like I said, I won't argue that he's a good player. I'm just surprised the hype hasn't died down by now. Is everyone still expecting him to turn it up a few more notches?
Yeah he has always been hyped...sure he's a fantastic player, but no one has yet to see that 5 tool player that can carry a team. He has the potential but has definitely not fully lived up to the hype. (Wait for it)

........yet. ;)

I get that he's struggling but it's not like this has never happened to another player In baseball before. He just needs to get his head straight and he should be able to make a comeback.
Struggling is an understatement...with the numbers he has put up with that contract they gave him, unacceptable. I believe he needs to be demoted for a while in order to get his head straight.

Tywill555

Jan 2, 2013
Would you be saying the same thing if Derek Jeter had the same stats through two months?

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Would you be saying the same thing if Derek Jeter had the same stats through two months?
If Jeter had as bad of stats as Upton, then it's probably because he's playing with one arm and no feet. In that case, I'd put him on the DL.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Well, my fraternity brother claims to have just caught BJ's home run...pictures posted, but I don't know if he's pulling my leg or not.

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
somebody needs to catch his balls and make him "Man up" *not volunteering for that one! (thank you, thank you, I will be here all week, tip your servers and bartenders)

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Don't forget that BJ always hustles on every play! He was very arrogant when he played in Charleston and I always figured that Basball Karma would catch up to him. Didn't surprise me when he got outed in Tampa Bay for jogging after missing a ball. I was disappointed when the Braves picked him up and gave him such a big contract.

He is still arrogant.. have you seen it when he is struck out? He throws his helmet, and XXXXXes to the umpire about a bad call.. ALWAYS.. he never strikes out and says "yup.. good pitch" He is arrogant, was at Charleston and Montgomery..

Members online

Latest posts