Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB HOT LIST - Monday, April 7th - Week 3

Who are your personal top-two players of the last week? (PLEASE SELECT YOUR TOP-TWO)

• Josh Hamilton

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Chase Utley

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Charlie Blackmon

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Mark Trumbo

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Emilio Bonifacio

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Freddie Freeman

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Mark Buehrle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matt Garza

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Jose Fernandez

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Other/Write-In (please explain)

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
The MLB HOT LIST will highlight which MLB players had the most impactful previous 7 days. It will be posted on Mondays using statistics spanning the previous Monday to Sunday. Feel free to bring up any player or players who weren't mentioned who you believe deserve recognition. In keeping with the Major League theme of the MLB HOT LIST, the post-2005 rookie cards stated are a player's best MLB licensed true RC, not his best parallel/insert, Minor League or Major League prospect card.

March 31st - April 6th, 2014

BATTERS
1. Josh Hamilton (Best RC - 1999 Bowman Chrome) TOP STAT - 1.424 OPS
2. Chase Utley (Best RC - 2001 Bowman Draft) TOP STAT - 0.7 WAR
3. Charlie Blackmon (Best RC - 2011 Bowman Chrome Draft) TOP STAT - .542 AVG
4. Mark Trumbo (Best RC - 2004 SP Prospects AU/400) TOP STAT - 4 HRs
5. Emilio Bonifacio (Best RC - 2008 Upper Deck Premiere AU/99) TOP STAT - 14 Hits
6. Freddie Freeman (Best RC - 2011 Topps Triple Threads BAT/AU/99) TOP STAT - .560 OBP
7. Salvador Perez (Best RC - 2011 Bowman Sterling) TOP STAT - 1.4 DEF WAR

PITCHERS

1. Mark Buehrle (Best RC - 2000 Black Diamond Rookie Edition JSY) TOP STAT - FIP- 27
2. Matt Garza (Best RC - 2005 Bowman Chrome Draft AU) TOP STAT - 0.38 WHIP
3. Jose Fernandez (Best RC - 2013 Bowman Sterling) TOP STAT - 12.08 K/9

HONORABLE MENTIONS

Craig Kimbrel (Best RC - 2011 Bowman Sterling) TOP STAT - 0.4 WAR
Chris Sale (Best RC - 2011 Topps Triple Threads JSY/AU/99) TOP STAT - 2 Wins
Yovani Gallardo (Best RC - 2004 SP Prospects AU/400) TOP STAT - 0.00 ERA
Felix Hernandez (Best RC - 2004 Bowman Chrome AU/2000) TOP STAT - 19 Ks
Masahiro Tanaka (Best RC - no rookie card yet) TOP STAT - 1.58 SIERA

PREVIOUS HOT LIST

Last edited:

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Mark Trumbo and his 4 dingers week gave him 5 for the season and the 27 year kid Emilio Bonifacio did well too. But now he is cooling off and is only hitting .500

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Yovani had 2 Wins to go with his 0.00 ERA

Also, you've gotten a little inconsistent with the rookie card thing. Sometimes you are using prospect cards, and sometimes you're avoiding using them. Just curious why.

Nevermind, just saw the 2005 thing.

Last edited:

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Yovani had 2 Wins to go with his 0.00 ERA

Also, you've gotten a little inconsistent with the rookie card thing. Sometimes you are using prospect cards, and sometimes you're avoiding using them. Just curious why.

Nevermind, just saw the 2005 thing.

My vote was for Yo too. Jose Fernandez??? K's are sexy but it's all about runs.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
My vote was for Yo too. Jose Fernandez??? K's are sexy but it's all about runs.

Fernandez isn't where he's at only because of the strikeouts, trust me. And it's not all about runs. It's about overall production in all facets of the game. If it was all about runs, the list could be the 12 other starters who didn't allow a run in the last 7 days who didn't even get mentioned, but that's not all that matters.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Fernandez isn't where he's at only because of the strikeouts, trust me. And it's not all about runs. It's about overall production in all facets of the game. If it was all about runs, the list could be the 12 other starters who didn't allow a run in the last 7 days who didn't even get mentioned, but that's not all that matters.

What other two start pitchers didn't allow a run and picked up two wins for their team last week? Yeah, that's right ....

None.

Last edited:

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
What are you talking about? I didn't say anyone did. You Brewers fans are a strange bunch. :?

You mentioned all the 12 other starters who didn't allow a run. I was pointing out Yo was the only two start pitcher that didn't. Trust me I am losing no sleep over this, could care less. Would take Fernandez over Yo on my team any day of the week.

I responded to your poll and gave my opinion. That's what this whole thing is about.....

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts