Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Received package with no card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I knew I shouldn't have even posted here lol

Shady characters usually feel this way after being exposed. Now it's time for the positive dealing crew to give up his location and name so when he starts trading again that gets nixed, because they always try to come back.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
Shady characters usually feel this way after being exposed. Now it's time for the positive dealing crew to give up his location and name so when he starts trading again that gets nixed, because they always try to come back.

Nicholas Kefaliakos

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Anyone else want to continue to tell us what a great guy he is?

People see these threads and usually comment on the person involved if they had dealings with the person. The Ny collecting scene at shows isnt all that big and we all know each other. Some commented on dealings with Nick and they were mostly positive. There is really nothing wrong with what members chimed in and said. Bottom line here is there was enough for the mods to go on and bounce him to protect our community. I was on the bad side of a witch hunt once and I was in the right. You'd be surprised how fast people turn on you with limited info. In this case Nick was wrong and will pay for it.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
People see these threads and usually comment on the person involved if they had dealings with the person. The Ny collecting scene at shows isnt all that big and we all know each other. Some commented on dealings with Nick and they were mostly positive. There is really nothing wrong with what members chimed in and said. Bottom line here is there was enough for the mods to go on and bounce him to protect our community. I was on the bad side of a witch hunt once and I was in the right. You'd be surprised how fast people turn on you with limited info. In this case Nick was wrong and will pay for it.

Bingo. As Joe said, I had nothing but positive experiences. It's a shame that he pisses away any good sentiments with this garbage - especially because, as mentioned, he's not a kid anymore. Greed is obviously a very powerful motivator... bums me out.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
I posted this on Blowout, and figured I would do the same here. Hopefully you all do not mind.

Let me preface this by saying that I am in no way trying to take one side or the other. This is a lousy situation for the the seller and can totally relate.
I am on FCB as well. Same name as on here. I had one deal with Nick1190 on FCB. I bought a nice Stamkos Cup Patch Auto from him for $115. I gifted the payment to him (lesson learned), and it took a little over a month to get the card from him. He told me a few times he was having medical issues, and that I would get my card. I was seriously having my doubts that I would get the card. Finally I got it from him. I have no idea if I was going to be scammed by him or not. Glad I wasn't.
I know a few others have had deals with him in the past, and he came through for them as well. I am not trying to vouch for him, as this looks really bad. I just wanted to share my experience with my dealings with Nick.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Since I haven't posted in this thread for what it's worth I've bought a couple items from Nick at a NY show I only realized he was the same nick because I saw his for sale thread on FCB and remember he had the same cards as from the show. For what it's worth and I don't know how to truly describe why I feel this way...I could see him being a shiller. He stated a very high price for his card initially then went down quite a bit before we made a deal. I also remember being at the same table as him when he was walking around he blatantly low balled two sellers. He definitely seems like one to nickel and dime. However, he's usually had pretty nice and solid stuff well worth some money. I'd be surprised if he did something like this for a $140, in fact even with all the evidence I still highly doubt it just because he has or had far more high end stuff. Anyways just sad to see him go in a way since he definitely had some cool stuff

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Since I haven't posted in this thread for what it's worth I've bought a couple items from Nick at a NY show I only realized he was the same nick because I saw his for sale thread on FCB and remember he had the same cards as from the show. For what it's worth and I don't know how to truly describe why I feel this way...I could see him being a shiller. He stated a very high price for his card initially then went down quite a bit before we made a deal. I also remember being at the same table as him when he was walking around he blatantly low balled two sellers. He definitely seems like one to nickel and dime. However, he's usually had pretty nice and solid stuff well worth some money. I'd be surprised if he did something like this for a $140, in fact even with all the evidence I still highly doubt it just because he has or had far more high end stuff. Anyways just sad to see him go in a way since he definitely had some cool stuff

This is a terrible post. You "have a feeling" that he is a shiller because he tries to sell high and tries to buy low? And then with irrefutable evidence you "highly doubt" he scammed this guy because he has nicer cards?

You have zero evidence one way or the other on either topic. There is nothing in that post of yours that has anything to do with anything.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
This is a terrible post. You "have a feeling" that he is a shiller because he tries to sell high and tries to buy low? And then with irrefutable evidence you "highly doubt" he scammed this guy because he has nicer cards?

You have zero evidence one way or the other on either topic. There is nothing in that post of yours that has anything to do with anything.

First off, there is proven evidence in this thread that he's a shiller. And I didn't finish my sentence I meant to say that he struck me as the type of person who would shill not one who would flat out scam like he is accused of in this thread. Like I said it was a feeling based on how he acted in several situations not simply the fact that he was trying to buy low and sell high. I appreciate your comments but next time before you go out and try to flame someone first read the thread itself to make sure nothing you post is contradictory to proven evidence and second maybe be a little kinder just incase someone left out part of their sentence by accident. Happy New Years

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
He is a proven scammer. and a proven shiller .

FCB handled in perfectly

Last edited:

Orangejello727

Jul 7, 2010
looks like the seller lost his paypal claim and was forced the refund the buyer. He posted today with that info

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
looks like the seller lost his paypal claim and was forced the refund the buyer. He posted today with that info

The buyer claimed empty package
Then the buyer posted the card on another forum in a pickup thread
Then the buyer deleted all photobuckets and posts from that forum
Then the buyer claimed card was counterfiet

Then the buyer won his claim ::facepalm::

People that know him personally here would do the hobby as a whole a favor to out this guy and keep on him if he shows up at shows. This is a whole new level of dirtbag

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
People that know him personally here would do the hobby as a whole a favor to out this guy and keep on him if he shows up at shows. This is a whole new level of dirtbag

Nahh they are busy telling us what a great dude he is.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
This guy seems like a major d-bag. Anyone that sticks up for him is ridiculous at this point. Seems like a dumb thing to do over a 140$ card. Karma will get him

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
The buyer claimed empty package
the buyer posted the card on another forum in a pickup thread (Wasn't the thread made and posted prior to delivery confirmation showing)
Then the buyer deleted all photobuckets and posts from that forum (Look at this and the BO thread...right or wrong...why keep it up?)
Then the buyer claimed card was counterfiet (assuming it was said in the claim as an item not as described...gotta pick 1 option right? considering there was DC)
Then the buyer won his claim ::facepalm::

I don't care one way or the other and didn't feel like looking back through days old thread. I just feel bad for everyone in the future who actually does receive an empty package. This witchhunt sure as hell proved that you shouldn't post.

And to save everyone the trouble...I'm clueless, I'm a dirtbag, I'm (insert whatever)

Members online