Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rehashing old topics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
Is it really worth it to revive old between to death topics like Beckett's viability in the eBay era just for rewards currency?

At what point does quality of content over quantity begin to take effect?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Great topic! So thought provoking! Amazing! Yes! You are so right! Thanks for starting this topic! It's so relevant! I am so glad [MENTION=7902]nappyd[/MENTION] is such a great member! Thanks for waiting until Monday to post thus so you didn't look like a martyr earning double points!! Thanks for policing the threads, [MENTION=7902]nappyd[/MENTION]! Your service will not go unrecognized!!

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
This thread is a rehash, so your point is invalid.
And making a negative thread about the board and its members is a great way to attract new members!

And why do you care so much?
Not everyone remembers or participated in every thread, and the search only finds old threads if you use exact words.
Plus, members' opinions change over time.

What should happen, is if a thread is started and someone notices the topic was discussed previously, he could link the old thread, and write something like, "here are some more opinions on this topic from a year ago."

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Austin brings up probably the best point. Opinions do change. And things change as well. The hobby and people thoughts keep evolving. It's good to get a fresh look. The only thing I feel doesn't help is if people make the same thread only a month or two apart. At that point, it's a little too soon.

And to be honest, I could care less about the FCB points/bucks. I think it's great what Chris is doing but my main focus udon always gaining insight and learning as much as I can about our hobby. This is a good place for that.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I would rather see an old topic rehashed than have a new member bring back up a three year old thread with dead picture links and pages of opinions from members who are no longer here.

think of it as such and such thread: The sequel. New director, new cast, old idea.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
It's funny but I was going to start a similar thread after I started a thread last night, which was pointed out as being a thread on here about 4 or 5 months ago... which then another member bumped, which was probably more of a d!ck move to prove a point.

Here is my quick take... I jump into new threads ALL the time and do the MT every day, so for me to dig through 100s of threads to find a thread I participated in a few months old or god forbid a few years old, I might not be able to find it. Unless of course I'm just not as skilled with the search function as some of you?

Furthermore, new members join and they didn't get a chance to jump in, etc. Anyways, I personally don't see a big deal if a thread is re-done later in life but I guess there has to be some sort of a "rule" or something. @jbhofmann has a decent idea about dumb ideas or threads getting a neg haha

Anyways, I actually would like to hear peoples opinions on this topic because I know some feel like (especially with the FCB bucks) that topics are just being thrown out there and some which have been done 2 and 3 times already... as @gracecollector put it, feels like eating dinner at my in-laws :lol:

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Well, ive seen some topics started by newish members who probably just think they are starting a conversation. Not everyone has been here for years and knows the topic was discussed six months ago. And even if it has, like i said above, lets hear from new members. And if you are a veteran of fcb and dont want to participate in it, then lurk and move on.

i mean, how many threads in 2013 were started that was "how do you store your collection"? I participated in a few, knowing full well i had done it before. But its ok. Not the end of the world.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Al Gore suggests that the internet is quickly become full, so I suggest that we wisely consider tautology threads as to not burden our fellow man.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Some people have really REALLY small dicks, therefore to feel better about themselves, they need to be a dick just for having that small dick, because you know if they had a big dick, they wouldnt have to be such a big dick on the interwebs.

Members online