Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~~~~~~~ Tuesday Morning Thread ~~~~~~~~~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Morning.

Thanks @Hawk8 !
[MENTION=2520]ChasHawk[/MENTION]

When we were at the show this past weekend you asked me how much did my seller have left, well I was talking to him last night after we both had gotten off work and he said he is not even half way done. I remember when I went to his house he had most of his cards in screw downs and they were all in 3 row monster boxes that hold the screw downs. I can remember there being about 5 or 6 of these boxes in front of me on a couch and there were maybe 4 or 5 more of these boxes on the floor behind me. I also use these boxes to store my Dawson cards in (one of each different card I have) but most of mine are top loaders and I have 4 boxes and 1 row of another box full and that is probably around 2,500 cards for me. He also told me that he is getting tired of listing the cards, not only the physical aspect and the time but the mental part about selling the collection he loves is starting to get to him, but that he would keep on going with the listings. He still has over 100 1/1s. He said he does not like Dan winning his auctions either and relisting them but that there is nothing he can really do about it. I was not even going to bid on the Sterling 1/1 this last go around but I was not going to let Dan have it and I ended up over spending on it. He is at a point where I feel like if I had a large amount of cash sitting around somewhere then I could swoop in and buy the rest of his collection. He really is a super nice guy and its fun to talk about our collections, but my wallet hates him lol. He said he would try to ship my last three lots won some times this week and when he does I have a very interesting pair of cards to share with everyone and would like to get everyone's opinion on them.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Good luck adding to both of your collections [MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2520]ChasHawk[/MENTION]. Hope there is plenty of rare cards for you guys to buy.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning. Start a new class this morning so no more sleeping in on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Before, I only had class at 12:30, but now I also have class at 9:30. Only 8 weeks left of school though, and then I'll be up for work everyday so it doesn't matter too much

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
[MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION]

I imagine what he's doing could be daunting for sure, especially the way he's listing one by one and taking everything to the p.o. to ship.

There are ways he could lighten his workload a bit, but either way it takes time to sell that many cards.

I just hope he doesn't get discouraged and sell out to someone like Burbank or griffeyfan.

It would probably take a pretty good chunk of cash for him to just sell everything outright.

Did he ever say why he is selling?

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Good morning.

This photo got listed yesterday, it sure made me chuckle. Spring Training in the air!

$_57.JPG

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
[MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION]

I imagine what he's doing could be daunting for sure, especially the way he's listing one by one and taking everything to the p.o. to ship.

There are ways he could lighten his workload a bit, but either way it takes time to sell that many cards.

I just hope he doesn't get discouraged and sell out to someone like Burbank or griffeyfan.

It would probably take a pretty good chunk of cash for him to just sell everything outright.

Did he ever say why he is selling?

When I went down to visit him he just said he felt like it was the right time to sell. He has a small child and an infant so that might have something to do with it. His wife was super nice and did not seem to be any motivation and the seller does not seem to be in an any need for money so I don't think that is the motivation either. Maybe his itch just ran it's course. I know I got six Dawson wood cards in yesterday I. The mail. I got three each of two different styles and there were only five of each style made and I know he has one of one of the styles and it's one of his favorites and I think it kind of made him miss the hobby. I will try to post them tomorrow, really well done in my opinion even if they aren't worth much.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
If there were any way for you to buy him out - I'd do it. The value appears to be there.

I would do that in a heart beat if I had the funds to do it. I'm going to buy a new battery for my motorcycle today so I can try to sell it so I can pay off my Cubs season ticket. My seller bought a season ticket on my account and paid me cash for his ticket but my ticket is only 1/3 paid for so far. I do have a nice amount of money in my 401k account that I can take a loan out on with no penalties but I just can't bring myself to do that.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Good luck adding to both of your collections [MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2520]ChasHawk[/MENTION]. Hope there is plenty of rare cards for you guys to buy.

Well if you would stop bidding the price up on them maybe they would be able to win more rare cards ;)

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
When I went down to visit him he just said he felt like it was the right time to sell. He has a small child and an infant so that might have something to do with it. His wife was super nice and did not seem to be any motivation and the seller does not seem to be in an any need for money so I don't think that is the motivation either. Maybe his itch just ran it's course. I know I got six Dawson wood cards in yesterday I. The mail. I got three each of two different styles and there were only five of each style made and I know he has one of one of the styles and it's one of his favorites and I think it kind of made him miss the hobby. I will try to post them tomorrow, really well done in my opinion even if they aren't worth much.

Did you ask him why he is so stuck on the Dawson Button Price :lol:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts