Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is Gypsy Queen a heaping bucket of turd or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I don't know what to think.

Blowout has a "gypsy queen is loaded" thread but from all the boxes I've sold, it's been totally crap. Nothing but $3-$5 autos and game used.

And yes I understand there's always kick ass cards possible in all products but if 99.9 percent of boxes yield total garbage, that product is trash.

What's been your experience? Maybe I just got boring boxes this time.

Last edited:

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I don't know what to think.

Blowout has a "gypsy queen is loaded" thread but from all the boxes I've sold, it's been totally crap. Nothing but $3-$5 autos and game used.

And yes I understand there's always kick ass cards possible in all products but if 99.9 percent of boxes yield total garbage, that product is trash.

What's been your experience? Maybe I just got boring boxes this time.

This is almost every product ever made.

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
My experience this year is complete hit or total miss:

Opened one box that had a jumbo Banks relic #/25, auto #/49 (forget who), another auto, Lawrie framed mini patch #/10, mini printing plate, full size printing plate, wood mini #/5, and puig mini #/50.

Another box had two terrible jersey cards and two of the same auto, David Phelps...

The first box was someone else's who was busting a couple cases and wanted some help. The second one was mine :(

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Kind of seems like a case is either gold or garbage.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Finally had a really good card from the product, babe ruth plate.

Granted, not a Gu or auto but at least something.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I'm digging the Yount on-card autos, but I probably won't open any (maybe 1 box).

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Best card I pulled from my box was a Tanaka mini from the boxloader. Unless you consider a Ben Zobrist auto a good hit, and not a XXXXing piece of XXXX as I do.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Guys, Gypsy Queen is like any other mid end product. The price is a little more and you have a somewhat better chance at some good hits but for the most part you'll lose your rear end. It's hardly even worth buying a box unless you are building the set and pc'ing multiple players you might pull extras or hits of. Even then it's suspect. Nothing new though. Ginter is this way. So is Heritage and Topps Chrome.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Guys, Gypsy Queen is like any other mid end product. The price is a little more and you have a somewhat better chance at some good hits but for the most part you'll lose your rear end. It's hardly even worth buying a box unless you are building the set and pc'ing multiple players you might pull extras or hits of. Even then it's suspect. Nothing new though. Ginter is this way. So is Heritage and Topps Chrome.

And every other product ever.

I'm fairly certain it cheaper 100% of the time to just buy the card you want from a product than to try and pull it from a box.

And if you just like opening boxes, don't ever expect to get your money back out of it.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Any box with a $120 Srp shouldn't be absolutely loaded with Jeremy hefner autos and porcello jerseys.

That's the "quality" autos and game used so far from all my boxes, unless you count the NEW "chaz roe", Brandon mauer must have writers cramp.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
And every other product ever.

I'm fairly certain it cheaper 100% of the time to just buy the card you want from a product than to try and pull it from a box.

And if you just like opening boxes, don't ever expect to get your money back out of it.

True. But at least with opening a box, you have a chance. But yeah, it's just too expensive for me to take the chances any more.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Any box with a $120 Srp shouldn't be absolutely loaded with Jeremy hefner autos and porcello jerseys.

That's the "quality" autos and game used so far from all my boxes, unless you count the NEW "chaz roe", Brandon mauer must have writers cramp.

GQ is a $120? Forgive my ignorance as I have only seen them at my shop. If so, then yeah, I'll not be buying any. Ever. I'll get my base set, my Bagwell's and be done.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
GQ is a $120? Forgive my ignorance as I have only seen them at my shop. If so, then yeah, I'll not be buying any. Ever. I'll get my base set, my Bagwell's and be done.

I just always use Srp when I post.

Members online

Latest posts