Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Adam Laroche Retires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
We have taken a giant leap, guys. Yes, LaRoche is likely being a drama queen, but terrible parent is a stretch. His daughter may have asked to go to public school.

And while some may say an MLB clubhouse is no place for a young boy........a girl?

That being said, I can appreciate the desire for family time like anyone. But it does strike as being typically out of touch with reality as most athletes are anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I wouldn't want my kid(if I had one) to be at work with me. I'm there to work. Not anything else. Of course a baseball player's job is a little different. But, a locker room is a private place where I think things are said and done and people do not want that going public. Whether it be a reporter or a kid telling his buddies.

In any case, always liked Laroche, especially when he was a Pirate. Got to see him play quite a bit against the astros. Sad to see this be the reason he retires.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Wow, that's ****ed up. No favoritism there at all ...

maybe one child has different needs than the other? Ever think of that before you jumped to your conclusion?

Many families treat each child according to their individual needs and raise them differently. Nothing to do with favoritism one bit.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Lets see now. He stunk up the place last year. The White Sox were on the hook for 13 mill this year. I know let me piss him off so he quits!!! No more on the hook for a shat player at 13 mill. Priceless!

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Once again, this was not the Sox just trying to get rid of a player.

It has been reported and confirmed that multiple players and coaches complained to Ken Williams about the constant presence of Drake LaRoche.

Ken Williams told LaRoche to dial back the amount of time Drake spent with the team.

LaRoche decided to take his ball and go home.

He has also been quoted as saying... "We're not big on school", when asked about Drake's education... And that he believes he would learn more of "life's lessons" in the clubhouse than he would in a classroom.

Drake is not a special needs kids or anything like that.

He is also a far right religious fundamentalist who believes a woman's place is in the home, and other similar antiquated bs.

For what it's worth, he also received a tricked out assault rifle for his 12th birthday.

Father of the year material if you ask me.

Last edited:

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Here's a better question for you.

If he really wants his son to follow in his footsteps like he and Andy did with their dad...

Shouldn't he be PLAYING BASEBALL?

Wouldn't you think at 14, that a third generation major leaguer would be on one or more travel teams, or a high school team?

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
What is your source for this information?

The ********* from the team who've been running their mouths since this idiotic saga began.

They've all described him as a perfectly normal teenager.

Also, would you give a 12 year old special needs child an assault rifle as a birthday gift?

LaRoche is an extremist hillbilly who just decided that his son don't need no fancy school in his life.

Apparently he goes to a Sylvan learning academy in a strip mall during the off season.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
25868074051_a1759747d4_z.jpg

Y'all have fell off.

Thought at least one person wouldn't allow it to fly over their head.

Insert guy.."I got it, but it wasn't funny or that great"

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Utterly false.

If it was in his contract, he'd still be there making $13 million.

It was a verbal agreement, and I cannot imagine he told Rick and Kenny that Drake would be there every damn day.

Are you sure it's utterly false? I don't know if it's true or not, but people have been reporting other things....

Player rep Adam Eaton said Adam LaRoche had clause in contract to allow son and players union now involved #whitesox

— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) March 18, 2016

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
Why are some of our posts deleted from this thread???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
And if you want to know all you need to about this story, read Dirk Hayhurst's piece.

Just making sure you are not a sox hater rather we are agreeing with what the sox did and Laroche is a ****** correct?

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Just making sure you are not a sox hater rather we are agreeing with what the sox did and Laroche is a ****** correct?

I'm a lifelong Cubs fan, but we agree that what LaRoche, Sale, and Eaton did was idiotic.

I don't hate the Sox. My grandpa played for them back in the 60s.

I'm not a huge fan of how Ken Williams goes about his job, but he did the right thing here.

Members online