Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Matt Garza Traded to the Rangers for Mike Olt, C.J. Edwards, Justin Grimm & PTBNL(S?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Anthony Andro ‏@aandro
The Garza deal could contain one or two players to be named depending on who is selected.
Retweeted by MLB Trade Rumors

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Very interesting. Now if the Cubs can Get Arrieta, Arodys Vizcaino, and Grimm to pan out....

Arrieta could be your ace. He could've been our ace. He has THAT good of stuff. He just needs to learn to PITCH! Reminds me of Daniel Cabrera with a little more control. Cabrera would go out and shutout the Yankees with 13 K's and then again the Royals walk 6 and giving up 7 runs in 3 innings. So frustrating.

You guys got two pitchers with HUGE upside. In fact, Strop is doing awesome for you guys right now right?

You guys did alright in this trade too. Another good draft in 2014 and you guys are going to be WS contenders in 2016-17.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
If they sign Garza longterm this is a good move but 4 players for a rental when they can't hit with RISP or field (young OF'ers not INF) was not a smart move. And No production out of the DH spot. This team has played well but I don't think it is a playoff contender at this point. Looked horrible at times especially versus Baltimore last weekend (not getting key hits, sloppy fielding and base running) but looked great against the Yankees tonight. They need to find offensive and defensive consistency otherwise they could throw out 4 #1 's and still lose in the playoffs.

Olt I don't care about blocked at third and he couldn't hit in the bigs. Grimm was replaceable but a serviceable 5th or 6th start this year. Edwards seemed to be a good upcoming prospect and glad I didn't invest in his cards. And the player to be named will be a draft pick from this years draft more than likely.

Sardinas, Odor, and a few others will be dealt in the next couple of years just don't think it's worth doing for a rental versus someone they can keep for a couple years or resign. Andrus, Kinsler and Profar are gonna lock up the infield for awhile. Rangers are going to have to overhaul the outfield. There will be no power left after Cruz is gone. Murphy has stunk hopefully he gets hot in the second half. Gentry, Beltre and Martin are speedy but lack enough pop to be everyday players. They would literally all be 9 hole hitters. 7,8,9

To me it seems like Texas has to always overpay for what it gets in return. I dunno if it's because of the talent in the system being so good or that other GMs want to bend JD over the table because he is desperate to win at all costs. Seems the Rangers always over pay at the trade deadline and underspend on free agent market/trading during offseason.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
cubs didnt like ramirez physical results. not looking for damaged goods.

Ramirez is on the PTBNL list that the Cubs have to choose from. If they choose him then they will get one PTBNL. Otherwise they can choose from two lesser players.

@GDubCub
Confirmed deal done for Garza in 4 for 1 with Texas. Cubs get Olt, Edwards, Grimm and ptbnl from pool that includes Ramirez (Cubs choice)

WaxPax

Cubs fan base seems to be excited by this deal....been fielding less than $10 offers on an Edwards 2013 BC auto, last night someone hit my BIN for $25 delivered... list them if you got them

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

No members online now.