Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who do you have for the NL MVP thus far

Who is your NL MVP thus far?

• Andrew McCutchen

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Carlos Gonzalez

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Chris Johnson

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Clayton Kershaw

• Freddie Freeman

• Hanley Ramirez

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Joey Votto

• Paul Goldschmidt

• Troy Tulowitzki

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yadier Molina

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
This is a very interesting race. I think there are many sleepers that do not seem like frontrunners right now....

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
If we're going by who's truly most valuable to a great team, it may be Allen Craig.
He's leading the majors, hitting an incredible .486 with runners in scoring position and is just 3 rbi behind the NL lead with 86.
He's also hitting .321, and if he gets hot and can get to 20 homers (he has 11) he has a legitimate shot at MVP if the Cardinals make the playoffs.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I think right now it's Paul Goldschmidt but I think Andrew McCutchen is on fire lately and will end up winning it with leading the Pirates to the playoffs for the first time in a long time.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
If we're going by who's truly most valuable to a great team, it may be Allen Craig.
He's leading the majors, hitting an incredible .486 with runners in scoring position and is just 3 rbi behind the NL lead with 86.
He's also hitting .321, and if he gets hot and can get to 20 homers (he has 11) he has a legitimate shot at MVP if the Cardinals make the playoffs.

He's a viable option too. I could've put him there instead of Chris Johnson.

I also feel Yadi and Craig could take votes from each other and if they don't Yadi will get the votes b/c the position he plays.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
I am gonna be crazy and say Puig.. Anyone who hasn't seen the difference in that team since he was called up isn't watching!!!

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
At first, cespedes came to mind, but I started paying more attention to Puig, looks like it's a done deal IMO

Looking for Alex Rodriguez Cards, PM me.

RogerMarisCollector61

Jan 26, 2010
1. Andrew McCutchen
2. David Wright
3. Carlos Gomez

How in the world is David Wright not on your list yet chris johnson, freddie freeman, and hanley ramirez are??? Johnson and freeman aren't even in the same league as david wright when you consider the total package. They shouldn't even be in the conversation in my opinion.

RogerMarisCollector61

Jan 26, 2010
Probably because he is only in the TOP 5 in the league in ONE category.
#5 in OBP
So honestly, there are a whole lot of other people doing bigger things.

So the fact that he has a .390 wOBA, 154 wRC+, 17/20 steals, plays gold glove defense at 3rd base, and leads the NL in WAR with 5.7 means nothing? Honestly, there is nobody doing bigger things in the NL. It drives me crazy when fans think being the leader in a useless category means something. Domonic Brown is 4th in home runs and 5th in slugging percentage...does that means he is deserving of the mvp? No. It's the same crap that's going to keep players like beltran, utley, beltre, rolen, etc from making the hall of fame. Meanwhile people think torii hunter deserves consideration...

RogerMarisCollector61

Jan 26, 2010
Nothing against Votto, but I would have Brandon Phillips or Jay Bruce on the list before Votto.

Phillips has been really mediocre this year. He's still a good fielder, but he's not hitting well. Bruce has been good, but nowhere near mvp caliber imo. Votto has been good, but his problems with RISP are screwing him and the reds.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Phillips has been really mediocre this year. He's still a good fielder, but he's not hitting well. Bruce has been good, but nowhere near mvp caliber imo. Votto has been good, but his problems with RISP are screwing him and the reds.

Brandon has been pretty clutch for the Reds this season. He was supposed to be hitting in the 2 hole, but took over the clean spot because of Ryan Ludwick's injury. He's filled in very well and has been near the top of the NL in RBI all season long. He's one of the best, if not the best, defensive 2B in MLB.

Jay Bruce has really stepped up his production against left handed pitching this season. He's having another good season in HR and RBI as well as providing plus defense again. He has a great arm.

Joey Votto is just not producing at an MVP caliber level this season. For $200+ million, he should be doing more than setting the table for BP. It's August and he's hitting .321 with a .438 OBP, but he's his 17 HR and driven in 52. His numbers are solid (156 OPS+), but I can't say he should be in the MVP discussion right now.

I'm not saying Phillips or Bruce should be MVP, but I would put them in the discussion before Votto.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Many sports analysts have mentioned this year that the tide is turning with regards to MVP, being that the weight of how valuable they are to their respective team is losing ground to just how valuable of a player (all around) they actually are. To that end, which I agree with, I think Goldie has been very impressive this year and should he just maintain pace, he will be a front runner for sure.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
At first, cespedes came to mind, but I started paying more attention to Puig, looks like it's a done deal IMO
Wow, do you even watch baseball?
Not only is Cespedes in the AL and hitting .230, but in the Ichiro thread you wrote that Ichiro won't get in the Hall of Fame.
Just stop posting please.

Members online