Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nationals name Dusty Baker manager.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Talks With Bud Black Fall Apart; Dusty "The Arm Killer" Baker Named the New Nationals Manager

Be afraid, [MENTION=1763]moxacaine[/MENTION]. Be very afraid.

The Nats lowballed Bud Black (less than $2M for one year), he was offended and turned it down, and Dusty took their sloppy seconds.

Goody. More arms for him to kill. The rotation should just amputate their pitching arms now and get it over with.

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi
Dusty Baker named #Nats manager. @FOXSports

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
It is Dusty, he will do good for a year or two, win the MOY award and then blow up the team on this way out of the door.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
im not happy with this at all. I was excited for bud black.

If I were a Nationals fan I would be livid right now.

But I am not, and right now I'm having a pretty good time joining in with the rest of the fans of every other MLB team and laughing at the Nationals.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I don't get the Dusty hate.

As a Reds fan, I miss him. He was basically run out of town because he wasn't Pete Rose/Lou Pinella. Cincinnati is one of the most delusional baseball towns in America. Look at what Dusty did while he was there compared to when he got there and when he left.

6 years
3- 90 win seasons
3- playoff appearances

Fired after a 90 win season

He was a horse hair away from having the Cubs in the World Series (Bartman).

Yeah I get the mythological excuses of him ruining arms....look at the landscape of baseball today. He isn't ruining arms, youth baseball is ruining arms.

As an informed fan, I'd applaud the hire. Your clubhouse will be a fun and attractive place for veterans that love to lead.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH

As a Reds fan, I miss him. He was basically run out of town because he wasn't Pete Rose/Lou Pinella. Cincinnati is one of the most delusional baseball towns in America. Look at what Dusty did while he was there compared to when he got there and when he left.

6 years
3- 90 win seasons
3- playoff appearances

Yeah I get the mythological excuses of him ruining arms....look at the landscape of baseball today. He isn't ruining arms, youth baseball is ruining arms.

As an informed fan, I'd applaud the hire. Your clubhouse will be a fun and attractive place for veterans that love to lead.

As another Reds fan, well said, sir,

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Jordan Zimmerman be like

Chris-morris-jumps-out-window-o.gif

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana

6 years
3- 90 win seasons
3- playoff appearances

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/367793-got-young-pitching-keep-it-away-from-dusty-baker

Latest posts