Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Box O' Goodies - Who Wants to Participate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS

IF you are listed here and are not interested, please let me know... I'm going back through the list of people who wanted in from previous posts, but it's been a while and I just want to be sure you are all still interested. Also, those of you reading who have not participated... you are WELCOME to join in the next round. Please feel free!

[MENTION=3164]jbhofmann[/MENTION]
[MENTION=7892]kerryfan5[/MENTION]
[MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION]
[MENTION=3027]james5348[/MENTION]

Sent you a PM bill. Please get back at me, at your convenience.

-------------------------------------

Need Moustakas, Hosmer and patches.

sabrgeek

Apr 10, 2010
Sent you a PM -- with my schedule till the end of the year I have a day off a week till the end of the year so any shipping issues will be non existent :)

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Sent you a PM -- with my schedule till the end of the year I have a day off a week till the end of the year so any shipping issues will be non existent :)

This is Bill's project and it's great and I'd love to go another round but man do you have some serious cajones here!

You broke every single rule this round. You did not ship the box out in a timely manner. You handed the box over to someone else that not one person here knows or is accountable too. You failed in communication. Bad communication is perhaps the bigger sin. You did not take a picture of what you took. You took no picture of what you added (and by the state of the box that I received, was nothing) You escaped a tar-and-feathereing by Bill being a nice guy and your reputation.

You took no personal responsibility for holding the box up. You offered no sincere apology. You allowed a person not affiliated with this board to hold this box for over three weeks. You deflected responsibility and every response was glib and obnoxious. The last post of yours on the matter showed exactly how little respect you had for the box, us other members and ultimately the board.

I hate to say that, but I can not control the actions of others, I can only control my own actions. I also would have preferred the package to go out earlier but at this point, it is what it is -0- I'm sorry for the delay but if I had to mail out the package, it would be still be at my home since I would not be able to go to the PO

That is not a post of a member sorry for holding up the box. You are deflecting fault and being beyond glib and it's pretty obvious you really don't GAF.

I'm amazed that you are not only apologizing for your disrespectful acts but you are actually asking back in! Every member here should be aware of your actions and you should be ashamed of how you acted with this box. Your good reputation is the only thing that saved you last time.

IMO you are the worst participant yet. Last round we had a guy go off the grid for months and only serious threats got his butt in gear. But at least he apologized, admitted fault and loaded the box up. You did none of those.

You got some real balls

Last edited:

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
What the XXXX I will jump in. Maybe I can get a Cardinals card or 2 out of it.
EDIT: If the guy Lancemountain is talking about is included please don't include me Thanks

Last edited:

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Sign ups for round 3 please... Will take a few more who can abide by terms in post one. If you can't, please don't join!

IF you are listed here and are not interested, please let me know... I'm going back through the list of people who wanted in from previous posts, but it's been a while and I just want to be sure you are all still interested. Also, those of you reading who have not participated... you are WELCOME to join in the next round. Please feel free!

[MENTION=4259]CatdaddysCards[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2030]craiger122003[/MENTION]
[MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION]
[MENTION=9690]Dmscards[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2196]Ashburn Alley[/MENTION]
[MENTION=4248]rum151man[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2455]Bill Menard[/MENTION]
[MENTION=3275]Lancemountain[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5359]clarkzac[/MENTION]

Last edited:

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Sign ups for round 3 please... Will take a few more who can abide by terms in post one. If you can't, please don't join!

[MENTION=4259]CatdaddysCards[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2030]craiger122003[/MENTION]
[MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION]
[MENTION=9690]Dmscards[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2196]Ashburn Alley[/MENTION]
[MENTION=4248]rum151man[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2455]Bill Menard[/MENTION]

Thanks for the op, Bill. I've watched the previous boxes and enjoyed the whole thing. Excited to be a part of round 3. Going to start building a pile, this weekend.

-------------------------------------

Need Moustakas, Hosmer and patches.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
It is my understanding that the box has become mighty big and mighty expensive to ship.

I am toying with the idea of splitting it into two separate medium flat rates with 10 participants in each group.

If you a new participant, please be sure to send me a PM with the stuff you collect so I can try to divide the two boxes appropriately! See post 1 in this thread to get an idea of the info I am looking for.

Also, anyone who wants to continue to send cards to add to the box, please just send me a PM for my address. I will say there have been several people who have already offered to do this and it just goes to show the generosity of others on the board! Many of them haven't even participated in receiving the actual box!

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
This looks like it has been a blast for those who have participated, even with the shipping delays. If I were to know I would be able to get it shipped out within 2 days I would definitely join, but I can't guarantee that so I'll just have to keep being an observer of this great generosity

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
This looks like it has been a blast for those who have participated, even with the shipping delays. If I were to know I would be able to get it shipped out within 2 days I would definitely join, but I can't guarantee that so I'll just have to keep being an observer of this great generosity

We are clearly trying to stick to a timeline but an extra day or two is par for the course on this even for most so no one will freak on you for it! It's the week to two week people that got the wet noodle whipping. Of you can get it out in 3-4 days, I think the group would be open to having a great addition such as yourself in the mix!

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
We are clearly trying to stick to a timeline but an extra day or two is par for the course on this even for most so no one will freak on you for it! It's the week to two week people that got the wet noodle whipping. Of you can get it out in 3-4 days, I think the group would be open to having a great addition such as yourself in the mix!

Heck, sign me up then if you don't mind. I'll get the information sent over to you.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Box arrived today! Good Lord!!! Boy did this thing ever evolve.

Took me 1.5 hrs to go through it QUICKLY. Just massive amounts of cards. I am going to go through it one more time, but I found lots of nice redsox stuff, some nice colored refractors and some cool game used.

I also had a ball opening the A-Team packs. I will definitely complete the set.

I pulled a Matt Diminguez RC auto, a few Redsox Game Used including 3 Ortiz, Pedro bat, and a Damon Jersey. Also many redsox inserts, base, etc.

There are some cool oddballs. I took a Jackie Robinson Reprint RC promo from some stadium give away in Pittsburgh and of course the A Team packs. I also took the Mauer Stadium Scenes patch since I really like this subset and have several. I will post some pics of the final haul later on.

I will also start to think about the next round and how to divide this all up.

Thank you to all of you, especially those that loaded this thing up with game used! There are probably close to 200 game used cards in here and they are not all of bums. Some nice patches too.

People really did evolve this box into something special! Let's keep it going!

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Box arrived today! Good Lord!!! Boy did this thing ever evolve.

Took me 1.5 hrs to go through it QUICKLY. Just massive amounts of cards. I am going to go through it one more time, but I found lots of nice redsox stuff, some nice colored refractors and some cool game used.

I also had a ball opening the A-Team packs. I will definitely complete the set.

I pulled a Matt Diminguez RC auto, a few Redsox Game Used including 3 Ortiz, Pedro bat, and a Damon Jersey. Also many redsox inserts, base, etc.

There are some cool oddballs. I took a Jackie Robinson Reprint RC promo from some stadium give away in Pittsburgh and of course the A Team packs. I also took the Mauer Stadium Scenes patch since I really like this subset and have several. I will post some pics of the final haul later on.

I will also start to think about the next round and how to divide this all up.

Thank you to all of you, especially those that loaded this thing up with game used! There are probably close to 200 game used cards in here and they are not all of bums. Some nice patches too.

People really did evolve this box into something special! Let's keep it going!

That Mauer patch drove me nuts when I pulled it from the pack. Numbered to 25, but only one color!!! Glad you took it.

Thanks again for including me. Good luck to all in the next round.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Bill - I'm IN just to have some fun. Can't say I'll take a lot from the massive box but I have a bunch to add and at the very least the box won't skip a beat with me!

If you split into two boxes or groups, might need to think through that. Not sure how to make that work exactly other than people who might be more '90s cards related or 2000s older related or older cards related?

Thanks,

Mac

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Members online