Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Advice needed please w/ eBay purchase PayPal refunded

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio
Thank you all in advance for any advice, or if anyone has had this happen to them.

I was the winning bidder for a 2016 Topps Dynasty Griffey Jr redemption on the 29th. Went to pay on the 30th, using my CC and my payment was immediately refunded. This is the only reason that I can find (taken directly from eBay) "This order was not successful. Order cost has not been included in the total amount.* The amount of*$599.00*has been refunded."

Have no idea what is going on with this.... However, contacted eBay and PayPal and each one suggested that the seller provide me with their PayPal email and just make payment that way. Cool! I have no issue with that and contacted the seller to see if I could just pay that way.

His response..... Nope. I have to pay for the card through eBay, because I can reverse the charges.

He sends me another invoice, but when I go to pay the amount is double ($1198). Ah... No....

Ask him to cancel and set up a private buy it now for my winning bid. He won't do that either.

I call him and ask if I go ahead and pay his invoice, would he do a partial refund for $599, so that the card is paid for the original bid. Nope.... He won't do a partial, unless it's two separate paypal transactions. He does say that I can send a money order. But, now I'm not protected.

I've purchased from this seller several times, so I'm at a quandary as to why he won't work with me on a simple solution to pay for this card.

Or, I can always tell him to cancel the sale (his words).

I would like to have the card, but with this headache is it really worth it?

Thanks,
Tim

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio
Thank you for both of your thoughts and I think it's sound advice.

Happy New Year

Thanks again,
Tim

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio
Thanks [MENTION=3275]Lancemountain[/MENTION] I already asked that and the answer was no.

I've presented every easy solution and I run into a brick wall each time.

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio
He says that if he were to accept payment via PayPal direct to his email, that I can reverse the payment.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
its not worth the problems. for that amount I would fear not getting the card. Something is fishy. Personally I would pass.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
Did you ask him why the price doubled? If it's a card that'll come up again and not rare, I'd just ask to cancel and tell him you'll spend your hard earned money somewhere else.

Members online