Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

===== Pay-It-Forward Discussion ========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Waulk11

Aug 20, 2010
Los Angeles CA
Not sure why my post got nuked in the other thread.....

Waulk .......don't try to backtrack and say you're kidding. The thread is not meant for you to call dibs. That is all, *********......

Sent from my DROIDX using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com
I can reply by calling you a rude name, but why? Just keep your negative comments to yourself. I won't crawl to your low level. Type/write post like a man, not a young little kid.
If I backtrack or not why do you care? Are you the mod? Or a thread mod?

Last edited:

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Fair enough A Pharis...... :)

Last edited:

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
I can reply by calling you a rude name, but why? Just keep your negative comments to yourself. I won't crawl to your low level. Type/write post like a man, not a young little kid.
If I backtrack or not why do you care? Are you the mod? Or a thread mod?

Keep backtracking there partner. The intent of the thread is for people to do nice things for others with "no strings attached" you go and ruin the spirit of this by calling dibs??? Really??? You're questioning my masculinity for calling you out for using a third grade tactic??? You are seriously funny!!!!!

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
How has something meant to be so positive turned into something this negative? It is pretty pathetic.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
How has something meant to be so positive turned into something this negative? It is pretty pathetic.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

It's the modern world Eric.

Too much negativity. The premise behind the thread is to give people cards they want, no strings attached. Values don't have to match, if someone gives away a $150 card, someone can give up a $50 card after taking the $150 and so on and so forth.

I am telling you, read the first page or two on that thread from Collector's Universe. They had a few bumps early on and then everything got straight. They have been doing that thread since like April or May now and it has gone GREAT.

I don't have much to give away, as I consigned mostly everything of value not in my Hidalgo PC a long time ago, but I do have a few nice things I would love to give away (I already have a few things I want to send out to a few people). I may just post them in Joe's threads and just follow along with the thread from afar.

devin

Aug 7, 2008
Chatfield, Minnesota
been a couple of days and a couple of pms the guy who claimed my card has not sent me his address do i just wait it out or put it back up for someone else?

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Thread seems to be going smooooooooth lol

Congrats on the Aaron, that's an awesome PC card

All the cards listed have been awesome PC cards to those who have claimed them. I think to expect that cards will be claimed seconds after they are posted is asking a bit much. Sometimes its take a few days for the right fit and I really don't see why that is a problem. It doesn't mean the concept isn't going smoothly. Did you all ever think that maybe you all scared the guy with the Doerr away by treating him like crap for posting it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
All the cards listed have been awesome PC cards to those who have claimed them. I think to expect that cards will be claimed seconds after they are posted is asking a bit much. Sometimes its take a few days for the right fit and I really don't see why that is a problem. It doesn't mean the concept isn't going smoothly. Did you all ever think that maybe you all scared the guy with the Doerr away by treating him like crap for posting it.

Listen, I'm not trying to say or make it sound like I think cards need to be taken seconds after they are posted... actually a day or so if fine if it is a nice card... this was DAYS of no activity for a thread for which free cards are exchanged, etc.... again, not a big deal but obviously no one had any interest in the card if it goes for more than a few days... just my opinion.

Also, as for the concept to go smoothly, look at all the comments around "guy didn't send me his address, etc."... that is not smooth... this thread should be simple... post a card - guy takes card - PMs exchanged - new card up - etc... instead, we have had more issues than we have had smooth transactions... I don't know how you define "smooth" but that doesn't seem to be "smooth" IMO but again, just my opinion.

As to your last point, the guy who posted the Doerr auto, I wasn't someone who jumped on him for that card actually.... I think it was funny but it is what it is... I did not have an issue with that and I think the card was actually picked up by someone who wanted it, so that's great.

Last, I have a few cards I'm happy to give away on this thread... on the other hand, will not claim any cards unless I feel like they'll stay in my collection forever and won't be sold or flipped... that's just my feelings, so I'm excited to eventually get in the mix.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
I think it is also an opportunity for a double pay-it-forward. Some guys aren't on here very often but you just KNOW that the card belongs in their collection. Claim it and put something up.

Just an idea. :)

Members online