Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps exclusive to 2020 now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

byronscott4ever

Dec 3, 2009
Saw this on Beckett, would have loved to see competition there just the same with hockey and basketball.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The poll is interesting, and shows how little collectors (or at least Beckett readers) think about Leaf:

Which other company should get a license? (Choose one)

Panini America (44%, 267 Votes)
Upper Deck (39%, 235 Votes)
None of the above (7%, 45 Votes)
Leaf Trading Cards (6%, 35 Votes)
In The Game (2%, 10 Votes)
Other (1%, 7 Votes)
Press Pass (1%, 5 Votes)
Rittenhouse Archives (1%, 4 Votes)
Cryptozoic (0%, 1 Votes)

WJCIII

Dec 30, 2008
The poll is interesting, and shows how little collectors (or at least Beckett readers) think about Leaf:

Other (1%, 7 Votes)
Press Pass (1%, 5 Votes)
Cryptozoic (0%, 1 Votes)

There always has to be somebody that turns a Topps thread into an anti-Leaf thread. So tiring.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Strange I swear it was on Beckett today?

It probably was! ;)

It took Beckett a couple of weeks or so from the time there was a good thread here on FCB to when Beckett got aroundtuit reporting Leaf's banning from the Summit and subsequent lawsuit.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Till 2020? Please God no. Seriously this is TERRIBLE news for the collector.

yes, MLBP has made it crystal clear it's not about the collector, it's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Bud Selig should receive a petition from 150,000 collectors, before he retires.

I am a big fan of Topps, Panini and Leaf and if UD ever gets back to 2003-2007 form, I'd love them as well. Would like to see all four companies have a license.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
If that were true, he wouldn't have even mentioned the lack of votes for Leaf while leaving out the 7+ companies that had less votes than Leaf. Let's at least be honest here. It was an obvious Leaf slam.

Other (1%, 7 Votes)
Press Pass (1%, 5 Votes)
Cryptozoic (0%, 1 Votes)

There are (if I learned to count correctly) 4 companies with less votes than Leaf, 5 if you include "other". You'll notice that "None of the Above" got MORE votes than Leaf.

The only other one I've even heard of is ITG, and aside from the big 3, the only company listed there worth mentioning was Leaf. I'm not really having to reach here to make my point. [MENTION=1900]Austin[/MENTION] had a very valid point and [MENTION=2895]WJCIII[/MENTION] was trying to XXXXX, or start XXXX or whatever his intention was.

Plain and simple.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
If that were true, he wouldn't have even mentioned the lack of votes for Leaf while leaving out the 7+ companies that had less votes than Leaf.
The companies with less votes than Leaf don't make baseball cards.
I don't dislike Leaf and wish they had a license because many of their products are nice.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
The companies with less votes than Leaf don't make baseball cards.
I don't dislike Leaf and wish they had a license because many of their products are nice.

ITG certainly does and "other" may be TriStar, who also does. Thanks for clearing that up though. With all the Leaf bashing around here, it's hard to tell what is or isn't meant to disparage them.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Funny that I was able to tell and I don't even know him.

Also, I don't think ITG has made a baseball set since it's very poorly received attempt in 2011.

Don't get me started on tristar and their "cards".

Members online

No members online now.