Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 Allen & Ginter Baseball - Info, Preview Pictures, Pulls, Discussions, etc.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Are the metal minis 1/1s or 5/5s? Seems to be a difference of opinion on ebay. Or maybe the base series is different from the rip series?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I hate to think of the 2013 Frank Thomas glossy 1of1 in a landfill somewhere.
Yea, as a player collector this has to be so frustrating because you know some of them are in landfills somewhere :(

I tracked this set and found 148 of the 350 card checklist over the course of the year.

http://www.zistle.com/library/subsets/68754-2013-topps-allen-ginter-glossy

There were plenty of good cards that never surfaced, including Thomas.
Wow, now that's a freaking cool site tracking it. I mean it can't know of them all unless they show up on a board or social media or eBay but still cool.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Did you, or anyone you know of, also track the wood 1/1 minis from 2013 Ginter? If distribution of both 1/1 sets was the same (were woods hobby only?), and we knew how many woods were pulled, we could get a ballpark estimate of how many glossys were thrown out.

Hard to compare the 2 sets since the Wood 1/1's came from rip cards. The Glossy 1/1's were the hidden box toppers and weren't announced as a parallel. Brentandbecca discovered the Marcos Scutaro 1/1 in the box top after they cut into it. By then the product had been live for close to a week, and most big breakers had already trashed their boxes.

I did track the woods as well. It was a 400 card set since the 50 mini sps 351-400 had a wood 1/1:

http://www.zistle.com/library/subsets/68544-2013-topps-allen-ginter-mini-wood

^ if it has a photo it was found.

Last edited:

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Wow, now that's a freaking cool site tracking it. I mean it can't know of them all unless they show up on a board or social media or eBay but still cool.

Zistle is a great site to track sets since you have control over checklisting and pictures. Granted the pictures aren't necessarily the best since it's image grabbing 1/1 photos. You do what you can with the pictures the people selling the cards take.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
man I hate the ebay word spamming!

I created searches for the A&G relics I want and been getting a lot of results for cases, packs, boxes, etc. rather than an actual relic card. drives me nuts!

btw, what is that that Nolan Ryan is supposed to have inscribed on his card that was posted here a few posts back? I must be dense to not be able to figure it out.

I think but not 100% sure that it's not Nolan Ryan's auto but the auto of the artist and I just assumed the artist is Asian or something and the inscription is some sort of series of letters or something, IDK.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I hate to think of the 2013 Frank Thomas glossy 1of1 in a landfill somewhere.

I tracked this set and found 148 of the 350 card checklist over the course of the year.

http://www.zistle.com/library/subsets/68754-2013-topps-allen-ginter-glossy

There were plenty of good cards that never surfaced, including Thomas.

Wooden minis are found both in rip cards and loose as a mini in packs.
I don't know how anyone could NOT rip a single or double rip card. I mean the odds are pretty good that you'll get something much greater than the rip card in mint... not to mention that you cans till keep the rip card after ripping, it is a PC item anyways most likely.

For the record, I bought an already ripped Albert Belle rip card last year for a few bucks and consider that to be owning the card for checklist purposes ;)

Lilblu

Aug 6, 2012
FYI...the 1/1 sketches are damaged. The white 'texture' is NOT supposed to be there. I emailed Brian Kong ( artist) directly and he confirmed this. He is looking into it with Topps. horrible to see something like this happen.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
FYI...the 1/1 sketches are damaged. The white 'texture' is NOT supposed to be there. I emailed Brian Kong ( artist) directly and he confirmed this. He is looking into it with Topps. horrible to see something like this happen.
:eek: :???:

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
This year might be strongest A&G set since I started collecting again (well after the legendary 2006 set came out). My box had a Snoop Lion relic that, sadly, wasn't a blunt wrapper, and an auto of Jenny Dell's cans. I wanted to pull a Bourdain relic or auto (my girlfriend and I watch his shows religiously), but no luck, but picked up the relic for $10 on a BIN.

I also got a completely blank mini, no printing on front or back. I can't decide if it's a mistake, or a wierd A&G gimmick.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Ok so these metal 1/1 cards are found in rip cards. "magnet sticks to it" lol easy way to see if you have a metal mini.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Allen-and-Ginter-Tony-Gwynn-UNRIPPED-10-10-RIP-Card-magnet-sticks-to-it-/221490676464?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item3391df82f0

New packsearchers logo:

money-magnet.jpg

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
This year might be strongest A&G set since I started collecting again (well after the legendary 2006 set came out). My box had a Snoop Lion relic that, sadly, wasn't a blunt wrapper, and an auto of Jenny Dell's cans. I wanted to pull a Bourdain relic or auto (my girlfriend and I watch his shows religiously), but no luck, but picked up the relic for $10 on a BIN.

I also got a completely blank mini, no printing on front or back. I can't decide if it's a mistake, or a wierd A&G gimmick.

Might be a huge stretch, but try putting that blank mini under a blacklight to see if something turns up. Maybe it is a codebreaker piece, or something odd. They had the invisible man SSP autos from a couple years ago that had no autograph, but when you put it under a black light there was an autograph on it.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
This year might be strongest A&G set since I started collecting again (...)

I think I might concur with the celeb/entertainer auto lineup after finding a list/sample of each one of those. Definitely more appealing to me than I remember from past years.

Members online