Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage and hall of fame patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
How about some jumbos. I really liked he first two years of topps tier on prodigious patches in 2011 and 2012. I put both partial sets together...just the vintage guys, not the modern guys. Some great cards!

the hank aaron is my personal favorite :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    408.8 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 37

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
your aaron looks just like mine

How about some jumbos. I really liked he first two years of topps tier on prodigious patches in 2011 and 2012. I put both partial sets together...just the vintage guys, not the modern guys. Some great cards!

the hank aaron is my personal favorite :)

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
My favorites are the cepeda and Steve Carlton felt patches! And the ozzie Padres patch...love ozzie Padres patches
I also like the carlton felt, I was not to into these topps prodigious patches at all so I did not go after any. Do you have any 2007 Topp sterling Jumbos? I have a couple still left, I have a couple absolutes, sweet spots and ultimate collection.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008

At least the guy came down from $10k.

If I had the means, I would make a serious offer on that, completely amazing!!!

It's one of the few single player booklets w that set up (large patch / 2 smaller pieces) that actually was pulled off correctly.

Ryan

I have made a run at it with what I thought was a very fair and good offer and I got nowhere. Would love to buy it but it isn't worth the 7k

That Musial is hideous to me. Don't get me wrong. Triple Threads is a nice product and the Musial patches are ridiculous, but I think TT is too flashy for patches like that. I don't know what Topp's equivalent to a Prime Cuts or National Treasures is, but those patch pieces deserved better. Topps Sterling maybe? That's just my opinion.

One thing I failed to mention about this card is the pieces in it are from pants not jersey. To me ( I may be alone) is a huge turn off price wise. He is not even close to price on it. The card has value for sure but not 7k or even half that value. The pants that those pieces came from sold for 2500. I get that we are card collectors but hard for me to plunk down 2-3k for just those pieces when the whole pants cost 2500. Just a thought. Keep in mind that I'm trying to dumb down my collection to just jersey pieces and mostly getting rid of pants or oldtimers or coaches stuff ( unless ultra rare) so I have some bias and pickiness lol.

Last edited:

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
One thing I failed to mention about this card is the pieces in it are from pants not jersey. To me ( I may be alone) is a huge turn off price wise. He is not even close to price on it. The card has value for sure but not 7k or even half that value. The pants that those pieces came from sold for 2500. I get that we are card collectors but hard for me to plunk down 2-3k for just those pieces when the whole pants cost 2500. Just a thought. Keep in mind that I'm trying to dumb down my collection to just jersey pieces and mostly getting rid of pants or oldtimers or coaches stuff ( unless ultra rare) so I have some bias, lol.

The problem is there are so many Musial player collectors and I am assuming it would be worth a whole lot more to one player collector than it would ever be worth to the high-end HOF patch collectors. But I also obviously agree, $7K is too funny.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
The problem is there are so many Musial player collectors and I am assuming it would be worth a whole lot more to one player collector than it would ever be worth to the high-end HOF patch collectors. But I also obviously agree, $7K is too funny.

Maybe set collector and not necessarily player collector. I player collect Yaz and I want nothing to do with his pants stuff. I want his best jersey pieces and autos. Now set collecting is different as there are a ton of people whom love triple threads. Also if your not someone whom does in depth research your not gonna feel funny about plunking down big money for it. As before I did my research on it, I was willing to fork over up to 3500 for it not knowing the entire piece sold for 2500 and was pants. Remember I'm complaining about a absolutely gorgeous card here, lol.

Last edited:

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
I also like the carlton felt, I was not to into these topps prodigious patches at all so I did not go after any. Do you have any 2007 Topp sterling Jumbos? I have a couple still left, I have a couple absolutes, sweet spots and ultimate collection.

I have some of the 2007, but not many. Will post what I get later. Have a bunch of the 2006 sterling jumbos. Will get those up too

Members online