Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Calling all '92 Investors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

selah150pslm

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
Was going through some old boxes I have of newspapers and magazines and a few other things.

I found a spiral bound book and figured I'd share with you guys. I remember seeing this throughout the years, but don't exactly recall how I obtained it (I was 9 in 1992).

1992BaseballCards.jpg

It includes investing tips for 120 players from the 1992 season with an introduction into purchasing cards and what to look for.

Intro1.jpg

Intro2.jpg

Each page contains two players with pictures of their 1992 cards, a paragraph review of their career, and a secondary paragraph of a sentence or two describing the value at which their 1992 cards are worth purchasing (mostly between a nickel and quarter). It only mentions their '92 cards and not anything about purchasing RC or previous issues.

Griffey.jpg

Sandberg.jpg

If any of you are interested in seeing certain players, let me know. Here's a list of the players included.

TableOfContents.jpg

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I think I posted about this same book the past.

It is an interesting read and REALLY makes you realize the difference between investing then and now.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Those types of books frequently get ripped apart and sold off as individual pages. Sometimes they sell for crazy money too. I have some of the late 80s versions that featured Garvey myself.

selah150pslm

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
Those types of books frequently get ripped apart and sold off as individual pages. Sometimes they sell for crazy money too. I have some of the late 80s versions that featured Garvey myself.

I found the links after Hawk's post, but wasn't sure if those other years were books cut apart like mine or just a set of cards that were being broken up.

Can you show the Todd Van Poppel page? I want to see when I should sell.

Good eye!! His card are top drawer investments!
Unfortunately, I think you missed the boat, according to his WAR his best seasons were in the Cubs bullpen 15 years ago.

VanPoppel.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Good eye!! His card are top drawer investments!
Unfortunately, I think you missed the boat, according to his WAR his best seasons were in the Cubs bullpen 15 years ago.

VanPoppel.jpg

Haha those sucker Braves, they could have had the number one prospect in baseball but had to settle for a consolation prize. LOSERS! My two Todd Van Poppel game-used jerseys are bulletproof long-term investments, and I got those 1992 cards for WAY less than a quarter. Everything's coming up Milhouse!

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Haha those sucker Braves, they could have had the number one prospect in baseball but had to settle for a consolation prize. LOSERS! My two Todd Van Poppel game-used jerseys are bulletproof long-term investments, and I got those 1992 cards for WAY less than a quarter. Everything's coming up Milhouse!

That was a total lol, especially with Milhouse thrown in at the end

Members online

Latest posts