Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If you got 98 Donruss preferred precious metals, now is a good time to sell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I have been watching the price of the 1998 Donruss Precious metals cards recently and the prices have gotten pretty staggering. Some are graded versions but if anyone has ever owned one 90% of them will should grade out at 9.5 or better. The cards are encased in laminate so the cards are well protected.

Here are some recent sales.......

Jeter Gem Mint 10 $2,500
Piazza Gem Mint 10 $1,200
Clemens Ungraded $350
A Rodriguez Ungraded $250
Mo Vaughn Ungraded $145
Randy Johnson Gem Mint 10 $500
Tony Gwynn Ungraded $300

So the last 7 cards to pop up have sold for a staggering $4930... and these cards are not just being bought up by one buyer. Now may be the time to cash in on em if you got em. Heck, I am debating whether I should break my set up............ LOL neh... I have listed it for the max eBay will allow me too but in realty it would take that much to pry it from my hands. I am just glad I am not actively trying to collect the set. Although, I am debating whether or not to grade my set. Especially with those premiums.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
I always look at this set as well as the 97s. I've sold everything over the past couple of years except both ARods and both Ripkens. You have an amazing collection. Although the profit would be great for you, I understand the time and effort you put forth towards it not counting your love for the sets .

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I always look at this set as well as the 97s. I've sold everything over the past couple of years except both ARods and both Ripkens. You have an amazing collection. Although the profit would be great for you, I understand the time and effort you put forth towards it not counting your love for the sets .

My wife asked me last night what is holding me back... I let her know that some things are too hard to just let go. I do really love the precious metals cards. And as you mentioned the time effort and enjoyment I got when I completed it can't be duplicated. :) I did find it funny that she told me I was crazy as she was dusting off her collection of Disney Dolls LOL

Members online