Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ripkenfan126

Jan 5, 2017
The checklist states there is a black galactic and rainbow galactic. Both are 1/1 if I'm reading it right.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

There's a charcoal galactic and a black rainbow as far as I know. But patterns like the one u have confuse me a little.... as they are not normal patterns.

Ripkenfan126

Jan 5, 2017
2b0b43b6f3a38881b72a38b5dfadde78.jpg

Charcoal and black rainbow both 1/1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
There's a 3rd Ripken 1/1 that has the same pattern as the Goldschmidt 1/1 above.

I had just assumed all players had 3 versions - to be fair I've only looked into Goldschmidt and Luis Gonzalez, but Beckett lists both of them as having the Black Rainbow, Black Galactic and the Braid pattern Black Galactic.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Interesting, I thought there were just two 1/1's (excluding the proofs) but good to know there are actually 3...

I had just assumed all players had 3 versions - to be fair I've only looked into Goldschmidt and Luis Gonzalez, but Beckett lists both of them as having the Black Rainbow, Black Galactic and the Braid pattern Black Galactic.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Have you seen the card or does Beckett list that?
Does that have an auto version as well?

I know there are three Biggio black patterns listed, ripken is in the same pattern group so I would imagine he is the same. I don't believe the black rainbow, galactic or braids have an auto version.

On the same topic, is the black rainbow closer to the gold parralell and the galactic is like the diffractor?? That's what the picture looked like but I wasn't positive.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I was really surprised that 2015 and 2016 didn't build on 2014's successes (in my opinion). Some of the most attractive patterns and effects either weren't included or changed to a more common rarity. Blue Dots, especially on the wave pattern from 2014, were spectacular, and I was expecting to see it back and in different colors. I'm also disappointed they haven't found a better effect for their 1/1s. Galactics just don't pop enough unless in specific lighting. But I could see how for player collectors it's a fun product.

I love how to this day nobody really knows for certain the rarities of the base patterns or how many were made - kind of gave it a mystique. People are still debating it. It seems like people have figured out 2015 and 2016.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I love the past two years, but I definitely agree I'd like some color patterns the blue dots and even the red Storm are awesome, black not great comparatively but I still like it.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Another nice add!

IMG_20170208_231400932.jpg

The black galactics look way better in hand than pictures show. I also thought they were black versions of the tidal diffractor, but they are different and way cooler!

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I am losing my mind with this product!! I can't get my hands on the Biggio arrow pattern to save my life. I saw one for sale and missed out. I saw a 3 case player break on eBay and figured if I got it for under 10 it worth the roll of the dice...Snake eyes, no winner. Not only that I saw no arrow patterns at all. Lots of color, lots of patterns, even a diamond or two. OK I guess I'm done ranting.

Ripkenfan126

Jan 5, 2017
I am losing my mind with this product!! I can't get my hands on the Biggio arrow pattern to save my life. I saw one for sale and missed out. I saw a 3 case player break on eBay and figured if I got it for under 10 it worth the roll of the dice...Snake eyes, no winner. Not only that I saw no arrow patterns at all. Lots of color, lots of patterns, even a diamond or two. OK I guess I'm done ranting.

I follow tek pretty good. I believe arrows is the hardest, followed by lines then diamonds. At least what I've seen.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I saw the list when the product was first released. Across all the breaks I've watched and eBay listings I think it's pretty accurate. I just can't find what I want, which of course makes it seem worse. Our perception also could be issues with the collating of the entire run, just a thought.

Ripkenfan126

Jan 5, 2017
604b9fa2115210f0756610b5a4a0b45f.jpg

I'll have to get a better pic! But all 10's!
Also have 2 gold auto's not pictured!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest posts