Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Thrift Store Thread - Sports Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lambert58

Sep 29, 2008
Melbourne, FL
I mainly post on istagram now.
What, no more Rum on this thread? That would be criminal. You are the most knowledgeable person here imo. I have been hitting garage sales and estate sales. Thrift stores here suck! I'm pretty sure all the Goodwills here are raided by the workers because I never find ANYTHING there, especially sports related. One hada few good toys which I got, but nothing else. Oh, and for you guys who buy T-shirts, how the heck do you do that? I look through them for a few minutes and get pissed off because never see anything so I stop. I will look at flea markets that only have a few, but the big thrift store no way anymore for me.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Oh, and for you guys who buy T-shirts, how the heck do you do that? I look through them for a few minutes and get pissed off because never see anything so I stop. I will look at flea markets that only have a few, but the big thrift store no way anymore for me.

T Shirts for me started with a few sports items. I still have some of those first ones, actually. I started with two or three, and eventually you come across days where the racks are full of them. But mostly i just get a few shirts at a time So dont go expecting a ten to twenty shirt haul from one store. When you see my pictures of shirts upon shirts, those are the days where i hit five stores.

now, when i started i just did sports. I didnt know any better. On a whim i decided to grab hard rock cafe shirts when i saw some(i have a soft spot in my heart for HRC). And ive sold a couple of them. Then Harley Davidson shirts. Then band/musician shirts. Then shirts that to me are cool. Monster energy, red bull, motorsports, video games, star wars, pop culture... When you open your search to more than just sports, you find quite a bit more.

i hope to finish posting tonight. Right now i just have sports related stuff up, but when i finish, you can view my items and see what other items i am talking about.

lambert58

Sep 29, 2008
Melbourne, FL
i hope to finish posting tonight. Right now i just have sports related stuff up, but when i finish, you can view my items and see what other items i am talking about.
Hey thanks! I've seen your post as this is one of my favorite threads any place. I look for other shirts like concerts and other things like you said a re cool, but the condition always seems to suck so I pass. I think it is where you live. I notice that you guys in bigger cities get better stuff, which makes sense since there are more people there to donate stuff. I just can't do it when there are racks and racks of shirts because that is when I never find anything. Looking forward to you pics I always enjoy them. Oh and I like Bagwell too & Biggio, he was a Long Island kid, which is where I lived before moving down to Mickey land. Thanks again!

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Sounds like racks and racks of shirts is a good thing.

Condition definitely plays a good part of this. I have left great topic shirts because I honestly wouldnt feel comfortable selling them. Whats worse, is when I buy a shirt and find the condition is worse when I get a closer look. Just today, I didnt process two shirts because one has something on the front that didnt wash out. Its not horrible, but I dont want to post junk. Then again, I did post an a's shirt with spots, but I also reduced my starting price just to try and recoup any costs.

As far as bigger cities, mines not the biggest. I drive 20 minutes away for my monday store, my tuesday store is a few minutes away. My five store day consists of three stores downtown, all relatively close to each other, then I drive 15 to 20 minutes north to the other two, which are five minutes apart from each other.

I have heard of some guys hitting the same store twice in a day. I cant fathom that. I have gone back to a store a week later and seen the same product, so going back later the same day seems like a waste of time.

So... dont be discouraged by lots of racks. Thats a good thing. Pick up some stuff that you would buy for yourself and start there. This is one point where im glad im bigger, cuz id be keeping a ton for myself if I wore smaller sizes.

Oh, and my hits arent perfect either. I have a hard time moving hats and other non shirt items, compared to rum who seems to corner that market. Shirts are my bread and butter. Smaller returns, but it adds up quickly when I sell a few at a time.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Woo hoo 1.99 Sox 2013 media guide. 1.50 signed "If I had a hammer. " One of my best scores ever!

1407703728605.jpg1407703762622.jpg

Sent from my LG-D415 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Some of my more recent finds
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1407726923.411392.jpg
Paid $50 for all of these mint some new with tags champion jerseys plus a kemp
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1407726967.156544.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1407726976.607855.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1407726987.869338.jpg
Rare kings hats total spent $17.50
Total sold $340
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1407727110.710532.jpg
Picked all these off a Craigslist add for $100

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
What you guys start your majestic jerseys at? Listed some griffey jerseys mostly sewn on patches with tags and a few screen printed type. Any tips on selling?

I prefer the buy it now or best offer format myself. Check completed listing & shoot a little higher than average so that way people will send an offer thinking they're getting a better deal & you still get what your looking for too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts