Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I'm Tim Raines B!tch!! Seriously, Rock?...anyone find that a bizarre nickname for someone who probably smoked the rock at one point?

How many rings you got Tim? 1 as a part of the juggernaut 96 NYY...how'd you do in that WS? 3 measly singles in 14 ABs. Rickey had 19 hits in his 14 WS games, scoring 12 runs, hitting 0.339 and stealing 7 bases. Overall...33 SBs and 47 runs in 60 postseason games. And you? 3 SBs and 18 runs in 34 postseason games...and 3 times caught stealing! Way to show up in the big spots.

How many MVPs Tim? Oh, your stupid little All Star Game MVP? The highest you ever came in the voting was 5th. Rickey's got one, plus came in 2nd and 3rd in other years. Plus he has a Playoff MVP.

Gold gloves Tim? none. Just. shut. up. :mad: I used to like you, but you're misguided. Whatever....

This is a really old post, but Raines used coke. Here's a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Raines go to where it talks about his stats dipping in 1982. Another story quotes Raines as saying "I used to keep vials of cocaine in my back pocket and would slide headfirst so I wouldn't break them"

Last edited:

rickey5191

May 24, 2011
I picked this up yesterday. This is the 1985 Big Apple superstars set which i did not know existed, i knew about the 1986 which i have and has blue edges.

Attachments

• big apple.jpg
    big apple.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 43

rickey5191

May 24, 2011
Got kind of a morbid question here. I'm in the process of putting a will together. What should I do with my Rickey Henderson collection when I pass? Have any of you figured that out? I am sure my daughter is going to want nothing to do with it. I would like to donate it but not sure if it can even be done. Does the Hall of Fame take collections? I also don't want my family throwing it away or selling it for a few bucks. I want someone else to enjoy it.........and I know some of you are saying "give it to me" but I don't think that is an option although it has crossed my mind in that I think a few of you would take care of many items and give my family a fair price for it.

rickey939

Feb 18, 2012
Kansas City
Got kind of a morbid question here. I'm in the process of putting a will together. What should I do with my Rickey Henderson collection when I pass? Have any of you figured that out? I am sure my daughter is going to want nothing to do with it. I would like to donate it but not sure if it can even be done. Does the Hall of Fame take collections? I also don't want my family throwing it away or selling it for a few bucks. I want someone else to enjoy it.........and I know some of you are saying "give it to me" but I don't think that is an option although it has crossed my mind in that I think a few of you would take care of many items and give my family a fair price for it.

Anything left of mine goes to my (3) boys....

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country

I've thought of the exact same thing. Wondered about the Hall of Fame. Maybe Rickey will have a museum like Feller or Yogi? I'd donate to that!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Members online