Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Super Sweet Early 00's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
2002 Fleet Mini. These are numbered to /50 but seem even tougher than that. Apparently these were a retail parallel. Anyone else still hunting a decade later? Is there a bunch of retail sealed up somewhere unopened?

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
2002 Fleet Mini. These are numbered to /50 but seem even tougher than that. Apparently these were a retail parallel. Anyone else still hunting a decade later? Is there a bunch of retail sealed up somewhere unopened?

You almost never see them. I actually bought about 5 packs and pulled a Nomar back in 02.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
bpp.jpg
bpp2.jpg

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
You almost never see them. I actually bought about 5 packs and pulled a Nomar back in 02.

A few years ago, I picked up about 20 packs and pulled three (Jorge Posada and two commons). I've only picked up two more since then, a Doug Glanville and someone who's even more of a common than him (can't even think of who it is). They are very hard to come by, but some people do not seem to care. The Posada I pulled was bought from me on COMC two years ago, and it's still there, which is surprising, given he's a popular Yankee. Could be an example of scarce cards being ignored because they were part of a really lousy set.

Yeah. This thread allows me to post this card again:

Clearly a tough insert set from the beginning of the decade.

Here's another:

Here's more:

Not early, but mid 00's:

My favorite passing the torch design.

A hard-signed Donruss set:

biggioDonrussSigSeriesAuto.jpg

One of the best legend memorabilia sets ever created:

wheatToppsTributeGameBat.jpg

and these were nice with 3 versions and a silhouette of the player's RC in the background:

murrayGoldLabelTitaniumBat.jpg

Let's see more...

DANG!!!!! Love it love it

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Luckily Burbank had all but 1 and I found the last from another dealer on bmp.

Good deal man. Yeah, I have been watching some of their pacific stuff lately. With Christmas looming and some of my other purchases, I just haven't pulled the trigger. But they've been a hellified source for sure. Prices are getting better as well.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Yeah, I like how prices drop after I don't really buy any thing from them anymore lol Do you have a web site for your Bagwell collection?

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Yeah, I like how prices drop after I don't really buy any thing from them anymore lol Do you have a web site for your Bagwell collection?

Nope. I'm way too swamped with school and work. Plus my computer skills are that of a monkey.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Nope. I'm way too swamped with school and work. Plus my computer skills are that of a monkey.
Same here. I plan on taking some time off from work next month to try and figure it out. I'd like to build a Tony Gwynn site similar to how the Juan Gonzalez collectors have one for Gonzalez.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Same here. I plan on taking some time off from work next month to try and figure it out. I'd like to build a Tony Gwynn site similar to how the Juan Gonzalez collectors have one for Gonzalez.

There are a few guys here with the expertise for sure. Maybe they could help. I think the Big Mac collectors have their own shindig as well. It's pretty cool when you get a few collectors together to do it because everyone always has something to bring to the table that nobody else has. Plus the information swap on what's hard to find, how long it took to find, etc. is invaluable to the hobby. It's one of the true reasons this site here is easily one of the best. Any question asked here can be answered in minutes.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
I also love that about this site. I've received a lot of help from here. I like how the Juan Gonzalez collectors upload scans of their cards. A lot of those rare cards you wouldn't be able to see any where else.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I know the Juan collector's have a solid site and [MENTION=6832]DavidEich[/MENTION] has just about every Rickey card scanned front and back. I think something like that would be a huge advantage for FCB if a collector could find pictures/info for their player cards. No idea how much work this would be, so it might not be feasible. Just an idea.

Members online