Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage and hall of fame patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
The Airholde Dean is a nice card, glad you still have it.

Here is another from the Calfas sold collection

Maris_Tag_1_1.jpg

Of course! I like the Dean a lot! That is an AWESOME Maris! Here's another one I still very much have that might look familiar :p

Maris_hole.jpg

A_Pharis

It won't be easy to get another Mantle or Dimaggio or one of those names, but like I said I think the fact that the HOF GU market is a big enough market to cater to I think they'll find a clever way to bring in some intake of fresh gamers - otherwise they're leaving money on the table as there are many collectors who are willing and able to buy $500+ per product if the quality is decent and that will obviously be beneficial to us folks on the secondary market :p.

As much as I love the thought of GU, I'd be sad if they cut up a Walter Johnson jersey - a glove I'd be thrilled with, even pants but not a gamer that stuff shoul be preserved.

As for Dizzy Dean, here is the closest I've got to a prime patch! Actually one of my favorite pieces to be quite honest, though obviously not the most valuable - got it from George :D

Dean_AHole_Stitches.jpg
Nice Dean!

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Without further due here comes roger maris :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    435.4 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    407.3 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    395.7 KB · Views: 25

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
My best Maris cards, one is leaf certified pants card that shows he '61' tag from the legendary 1961 season. The 2nd is a awesome away jersey jumbo patch from absolute memorabilia. Then my personal favorite are both 1/1 jumbo patches froma home yankee pinstripe jersey. Both patches are from his numbe 9. I just love these two cards:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    374 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    356.4 KB · Views: 32

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Oh man, now I know who I lost some of those cards to ;). VERY NICE Maris collection man AWESOME! I think one of your most impressive players yet.

I just want to say that I truly love this thread, lol!

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I'm going after the palmer and brooks robinson I think

Oh man, you're going after the Brooks too? :(. I'm the current high bidder but I can probably throw that out the window ;). I was going to go after the Brooks, Klu tag, and that's probably it I already have that Bench otherwise I'd go after it too.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Oh man, you're going after the Brooks too? :(. I'm the current high bidder but I can probably throw that out the window ;). I was going to go after the Brooks, Klu tag, and that's probably it I already have that Bench otherwise I'd go after it too.

You can keep bidding on the brooks. I'm not going to go after it that hard. Hopefully you can get it. I'm going hard after the palmer though. And maybe molitor barrel since he is pictured in a neutral uniform

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Oh man, now I know who I lost some of those cards to ;). VERY NICE Maris collection man AWESOME! I think one of your most impressive players yet.

I just want to say that I truly love this thread, lol!

what maris cards were you bidding on? I didn't start out trying to get a big maris collection it just kind of evolved into one ha. I truly love the two sterling maris jumbos. They stack up against any patch card ever made

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
You can keep bidding on the brooks. I'm not going to go after it that hard. Hopefully you can get it. I'm going hard after the palmer though. And maybe molitor barrel since he is pictured in a neutral uniform

I'm at about $150 on the Brooks and not planning on going a whole lot higher - I think his stuff is fairly easy to get I'm just partial to those patch autos because I like the clear sticker and design a lot - I've got 5 or 6 of them and try to pick them up where I can but this is not a must have card for me by any means.