Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is site really slow/barely working for anyone else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Been slow for about a month or so for me. PC and mobile, no matter whether I connect at home, work, McDonald's or library, been slow.

Thought maybe the technical problem was my ISP but when it was slow everywhere else I signed on at, just thought that was how its gonna be from here on out.

Fordman

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I have up trying earlier. What a letdown.

Yea sites been not working for me throughout the day.
---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Timing was awful, but we learned something that should help for next around. Meanwhile, check out the link on top of the page, there's some really nice stuff available there...

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Been slow for about a month or so for me. PC and mobile, no matter whether I connect at home, work, McDonald's or library, been slow.

Thought maybe the technical problem was my ISP but when it was slow everywhere else I signed on at, just thought that was how its gonna be from here on out.

Fordman

I'm not involved on the technical but know that people are trying to fix speed issues. Sorry for the hassle.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
It is always slow. I can do ebay motors with 80 picks in 2 seconds. this site takes 10 seconds to go to a new thread. But it is worth the wait.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
I did a quick keyword search for "site slow" - this is the most recent thread that showed in the results.

Is anyone else experiencing site slowness? I just ran a test through speedtest.net and I'm running 120 Mbps download, so the problem isn't on my end. All other sites I visit load as quickly as I'd expect.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Thanks for tagging Chris. Case in point: I saw your reply, and it took over 30 seconds for the page to load and then automatically jump to the newest post (yours). It has been taking roughly 16-17 seconds every time I click on a link.

edit: looks like counting by "1 Mississippi 2 Mississippi 3 Mississippi..." was juuuust a bit off. Using the stopwatch on my phone reveals an average page load time of 23 seconds.

Last edited:

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Time comparison from my phone (on cellular signal right now): still 23 seconds using Safari, around 7 seconds with Chrome, and really quick with the mobile version of the site. I don't use the app, so no idea what the response time is there.

ETA: posting is quick - loading a fresh thread from a link or refreshing a page is not.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
It's working fine now, but it was really slow earlier today.

Why bump a 2-year-old thread? It's confusing reading the responses if you don't check the dates at first.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
I can't post at all on my iPhone app. Kicks me out. On the desktop I have to log in several times to get anything posted (I don't have permission to perform this action).

Members online

Latest posts