Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Leaf Masterworks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
I know that no CL is being released just yet [MENTION=1948]Leaf[/MENTION], but can you at least tell us how many sports are represented in total?

Baseball
Football
Hockey
Basketball
Boxing
Figure Skating
...?

I'd appreciate it!

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
I know that no CL is being released just yet [MENTION=1948]Leaf[/MENTION], but can you at least tell us how many sports are represented in total?

Baseball
Football
Hockey
Basketball
Boxing
Figure Skating
...?

I'd appreciate it!

Im guessing....

Track and Field - Carl Lewis, Bob Beamon, Jesse Owens etc

Swimming - Michael Phelps, Mark Spitz etc

jrosales

Mar 23, 2013
I was on this release too. I can't release specific details yet, but around 98% of the stuff I did was from the big 4 major sports leagues, with around half of those being 'heavy hitter' athletes. Hopefully that will give the collectors a high amount of confidence in this product.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I'm curious BG, as someone like yourself you says his goal is to help the hobby etc. Why do you think it's ok to Presell product w/o a checklist, at least a month+ of release Your sales sheet shows nothing related to figure skating, pro wrestlers etc, we only find that out from artists who have posted I. The last few days. Yes your wording says across sport, but you could relieve people frustration by a simple checklist. If the problem is still waiting for the cards back, then the product isn't ready for release and shouldn't have been pre sold. It's just my opinion, I just find it odd. Look at the backlash of Yankee Pride, the complaints should have been invalid with a checklist beforehand. I guess I'm just looking for a why you operate that way an do you think it's fair to the consumer to hype product based on not providing all the info upfront?

Thank
Ryan

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
Thank you to the artists, [MENTION=7814]Bradu[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9604]jrosales[/MENTION], for shedding some light on the situation.

I have directly posted " [MENTION=1948]Leaf[/MENTION] " on a few occasions, but seemingly never have the ability to draw a response, despite supporting Leaf products.

Last edited:

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
I'm curious BG, as someone like yourself you says his goal is to help the hobby etc. Why do you think it's ok to Presell product w/o a checklist, at least a month+ of release Your sales sheet shows nothing related to figure skating, pro wrestlers etc, we only find that out from artists who have posted I. The last few days. Yes your wording says across sport, but you could relieve people frustration by a simple checklist. If the problem is still waiting for the cards back, then the product isn't ready for release and shouldn't have been pre sold. It's just my opinion, I just find it odd. Look at the backlash of Yankee Pride, the complaints should have been invalid with a checklist beforehand. I guess I'm just looking for a why you operate that way an do you think it's fair to the consumer to hype product based on not providing all the info upfront?

Thank
Ryan
I agree that it'd be nice to get the checklist, but when was the last time Topps did such a thing? Partial at best, right up to release.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I agree that it'd be nice to get the checklist, but when was the last time Topps did such a thing? Partial at best, right up to release.

Yeah I agree , my point is BG is supposed to be someone doing different than the others. Just wanted to see why he isn't taking an approach w CL that would be beneficial

Ryan

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Yeah I agree , my point is BG is supposed to be someone doing different than the others. Just wanted to see why he isn't taking an approach w CL that would be beneficial

Ryan
Agreed. It should be a good break return wise I would think, just knowing there's less than 20 of any one subject. As long as there's more than 1 of all the top personalities (at least 5 I would hope), it should be a winner

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
In my opinion we should give BG a break. He doesn't want to put out a checklist that does not end up being fulfill and with Topps redemption problems also does not want to go that route. A release date was set and artists have not met their obligations by getting the material back in time. Just look at what has happened with the box of goodies and try to understand that delays happen. I myself have not met every deadline I have ever been given at work. The only thing that I could think of would be to release a tentative checklist but I do not know if there are any legal ramifications if he does release something like this and something ends up not making it into the set. Besides that I am really hoping Andre Dawson makes it into the set and the more the better.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
In my opinion we should give BG a break. He doesn't want to put out a checklist that does not end up being fulfill and with Topps redemption problems also does not want to go that route. A release date was set and artists have not met their obligations by getting the material back in time. Just look at what has happened with the box of goodies and try to understand that delays happen. I myself have not met every deadline I have ever been given at work. The only thing that I could think of would be to release a tentative checklist but I do not know if there are any legal ramifications if he does release something like this and something ends up not making it into the set. Besides that I am really hoping Andre Dawson makes it into the set and the more the better.

Not really looking for giving breaks or slamming them. Looking for an answer to a ?. That's it. Look I have slots in a break of this product. Based on the sales sheet I wasn't looking forward to seeing skaters and wrestlers. Not that I expected a 1/1 Ichiro either. Just looking for some response on a topic that is relevant. And based on how the Yankees set went I was curious, that's all

Ryan

Members online