Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

^^^^^^ Saturday Morning Thread ^^^^^^

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Morning all.

Pretty good sized earthquake(s) here last night. The 5.1 actually lasted long enough to pass my "if it lasts longer than 20 seconds, take shelter" rule.

No big damage from any of them, at least.

Glad all is well, Andrew. Earthquakes are unique in that there's a feeling of nowhere is safe. We had several when I was stationed in Alaska and opinions always varied on where to go.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Glad all is well, Andrew. Earthquakes are unique in that there's a feeling of nowhere is safe. We had several when I was stationed in Alaska and opinions always varied on where to go.

The college I work at has a genius evacuation plan of telling everyone to head into the center quad. You know, the place surrounded by tall buildings and large windows everywhere...:benson:

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I may have spoken too soon about the weather. Just turned dark again outside.

Good luck with that...hopefully doesn't get stormy. We are due for a few thunderstorms today, and it gets a bit windy at our place. Hoping our big trees stay safe as we had a huge branch fall last year.

Morning all.

Pretty good sized earthquake(s) here last night. The 5.1 actually lasted long enough to pass my "if it lasts longer than 20 seconds, take shelter" rule.

No big damage from any of them, at least.

Nice to hear you are safe Andrew!

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Hey guys. Today will be my biggest addition to my Paul O'neill collection in years. In my opinion I think I have one of the largest most complete O'neill collections that I know of. (Definitely during his playing years maybe not the last 4 year new product). Second to only one guy. I could never touch this guy. If it was out there he found it and owned it. Well he decided that his collection days were over and decided I would be the guy to move his tougher items too. The box arrived just now. It is a lot larger than the first 40 cards or so that I am expecting so he added some stuff for me. I am expecting to add:
28 or so cards from my want list 1997-2004 (that's huge seeing I add about 2 a year normally because I am that complete in those years) 1982-1997 almost complete.
14 or so autos
6 1/1s (a few you may see in the 90s thread)
About a dozen Tek defractors, he also threw in an almost complete base set of O'neill Teks.
A few error cards also
This was my largest one time purchase and I have been collecting for 30+ years. My wife and daughter have a girls day this afternoon then I will rip the box!!! It's like Christmas for me boys!

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Hey guys. Today will be my biggest addition to my Paul O'neill collection in years. In my opinion I think I have one of the largest most complete O'neill collections that I know of. (Definitely during his playing years maybe not the last 4 year new product). Second to only one guy. I could never touch this guy. If it was out there he found it and owned it. Well he decided that his collection days were over and decided I would be the guy to move his tougher items too. The box arrived just now. It is a lot larger than the first 40 cards or so that I am expecting so he added some stuff for me. I am expecting to add:
28 or so cards from my want list 1997-2004 (that's huge seeing I add about 2 a year normally because I am that complete in those years) 1982-1997 almost complete.
14 or so autos
About a dozen Tek defractors, he also threw in an almost complete base set of O'neill Teks.
A few error cards also
This was my largest one time purchase and I have been collecting for 30+ years. My wife and daughter have a girls day this afternoon then I will rip the box!!! It's like Christmas for me boys!
Congrats on all the additions!!!

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
14 or so autos
A few error cards also

Sounds like a great time! Looking forward to pics.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
14 or so autos
A few error cards also

Enjoy it and be sure to share some pictures!
DANNY

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Good morning boys.

Alex, it's legal to grow BIG plants in WA, just as it is here in MI, if you've got a script. LOL

Richard, that UConn team with Kevin Ollie looks great. But GO BADGERS!

Looks like I have a big mailday coming this next week. Puig /25 that Andrew pulled for me as a redemption, plus I ordered another case of 2013 Draft. I know of some MT'ers here are prospectors that are in the closet. And in another week my 150 card Beckett sub will pop.

A_Pharis

Good morning boys.

Alex, it's legal to grow BIG plants in WA, just as it is here in MI, if you've got a script. LOL

Looks like I have a big mailday coming this next week. Puig /25 that Andrew pulled for me as a redemption, plus I ordered another case of 2013 Draft. I know of some MT'ers here are prospectors that are in the closet. And in another week my 150 card Beckett sub will pop.

That's a huge sub!

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Haven't sold anything since last September. That includes the 4 cases I busted in November. Hope the card in my sig gems. I even have a few Cajun's coming back.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Good morning boys.

Good luck with the case break! That is a huge sub as well! If you are picking up prospects too, I just listed a 2 card lot that has profit to be made especially if you are subbing: FS Kris Bryant/Colin Moran dual auto 17/25 Tim Anderson Orange Ref auto 16/25 two card lot...

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Alex, you know that I still have the Red Hultzen auto. I've had it since it's been pulled for almost 2 years. I just hope he recovers soon and is back on the mound.

Edit:

I left the box of Tribute that I opened when I was able to visit my old LCS before my trip to AZ. I just have to figure out how to get it shipped back to me since all the cards are loose in the box. I can't make a deal with [MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] for the Dawson patch, or the Jorge Posada auto that [MENTION=1764]Matsuicollector[/MENTION] is interested in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online