Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 Topps Strata Baseball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Who's ready for 2 autos for $100...
Pre-Order now and you can find out who the autos are in 6 months!

2015 TOPPS STRATA BASEBALL

***2 cards per pack, 1 pack per box, 12 boxes per case
***CONTENT HIGHLIGHTS:
- One Strata Relic and One Autograph Card in every box.
- The Strata Relic Card will be Autographed in every other box.
- Collectors can track where and when the relic was used with the MLB Authentication Hologram.
***Release Date: December 9th

Configuration: 12 boxes per case. 1 pack per box. 2 cards per pack.

2015 Topps Strata Baseball Hits The Market As A Standalone Product. The Unique Layered, Acetate Cards Will Showcase Autographs As Well As Relics Authenticated Under The Auspices Of The MLB Authentication Program In The Clearly Authentic Subsets.

Collectors Can Track Where And When The Relic Was Used With The MLB Authentication Hologram That Will Be Affixed On Every Relic Piece In The Clearly Authentic Subsets.

Each Pack Will Come With Two Cards And All Autographs Will Be Signed On-Card.

One Strata Relic Card And One Autograph Card In Every Box! The Strata Relic Card Will Be Autographed In Every Other Box!

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

STRATA AUTOGRAPHED RELICS

Clearly Authentic Autographed Relic Cards
Each card will contain a jumbo relic affixed with an MLB Authentic hologram sticker, and will be signed on-card.

PARALLELS INCLUDE:
- Blue: sequentially numbered.
- Green: sequentially numbered.
- Black: sequentially numbered to 50.
- Gold: sequentially numbered to 25.
- Red MLB Silhouetted Batter Logo Patch: numbered 1/1.
- Red Laundry Tag: numbered 1/1.
- Red Button: numbered 1/1.
- Red Button Hole: numbered 1/1.
- Red Majestic Logo Patch: numbered 1/1.

Clearly Authentic Strata Relic Cards
Each card will contain a jumbo relic affixed with an MLB Authentication hologram sticker.

PARALLELS INCLUDE:
- Blue: sequentially numbered.
- Green: sequentially numbered.
- Black: sequentially numbered to 50.
- Gold: sequentially numbered to 25.
- Red MLB Silhouetted Batter Logo Patch: numbered 1/1.
- Red Laundry Tag: numbered 1/1.
- Red Button: numbered 1/1.
- Red Button Hole: numbered 1/1.
- Red Majestic Logo Patch: numbered 1/1.

Strata Signature Patch Card
A jumbo jersey patch relic embedded in a card with the unique Strata design. Numbered to 25.

PARALLELS INCLUDE:
- Gold: numbered to 5.
- Red Rivet: numbered 1/1.

AUTOGRAPHED CARDS

Strata Signature
A signed layered card featuring a team logo as the backdrop.

PARALLELS INCLUDE:
- Gold: numbered to 25.
- Red: numbered 1/1.

Strata Autographs
Over 30 retired stars, veterans and rookies will be highlighted in this autographed acetate set.

PARALLELS INCLUDE:
- Orange: Sequentially numbered.
- Blue: Sequentially numbered.
- Green: Sequentially numbered.
- Black: Sequentially numbered to 50.
- Gold: Sequentially numbered to 25.
- Red: Numbered 1/1.

http://www.blowoutcards.net/images/ss/2015tpstrataBB.pdf

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Such an awesome looking card!

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Can't stand Topps high end, just over inflated prices on cards that would normally cost a fraction of the price

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
"The Unique Layered, Acetate Cards Will Showcase Autographs As Well As Relics Authenticated Under The Auspices Of The MLB Authentication Program In The Clearly Authentic Subsets.

Collectors Can Track Where And When The Relic Was Used With The MLB Authentication Hologram That Will Be Affixed On Every Relic Piece In The Clearly Authentic Subsets."

The hobby has been asking for this for a while now, so kudos to Topps for taking a step in the right direction

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
"The Unique Layered, Acetate Cards Will Showcase Autographs As Well As Relics Authenticated Under The Auspices Of The MLB Authentication Program In The Clearly Authentic Subsets.

Collectors Can Track Where And When The Relic Was Used With The MLB Authentication Hologram That Will Be Affixed On Every Relic Piece In The Clearly Authentic Subsets."

The hobby has been asking for this for a while now, so kudos to Topps for taking a step in the right direction

Seconded!

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011

It is a really good (and long asked for) idea but is there any question that there will be mlb serial numbers which won't match with the depicted player?

It's happened a bunch of times already in the very very limited amount of cards with the holo.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana

Yes we have been asking for this and I might be in the minority but I dont want the stupid MLB sticker on my jersey piece, but it on the back of the card and stop taking away from the relic

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
Yes we have been asking for this and I might be in the minority but I dont want the stupid MLB sticker on my jersey piece, but it on the back of the card and stop taking away from the relic

Yea I agree with this. Posted before taking a look at the sell sheet. Would have added a comment on such if I did before hand.

Picture of actual jersey + holo on back would be ideal

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
It is a really good (and long asked for) idea but is there any question that there will be mlb serial numbers which won't match with the depicted player?

It's happened a bunch of times already in the very very limited amount of cards with the holo.

Considering the emphasis of the relic type and the fact I expect the cards to be very limited (you only have one holo per gu piece), I have to think Topps can't screw this up! But then again the old ladies making the cards probably don't know how to work a PC or how to look up the holo number to make sure the piece they are putting into a card is being inserted into the right card.

As for the product, i love it. Suckers pay $50/per card and I can pick up a auto single I want for $5-20.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008

I wonder about this and the process for adding the stickers. In the past, the screw ups we've seen are only from the piece that has the sticker, which is one of about 1200 that can be taken from the average jersey. Each piece of the jersey is getting a sticker here, and I wonder when they are being affixed? I would guess right after the poece is cut up, which would make screw ups pretty easy if someone isn't entering numbers as they put the pieces in. They could put the stickers on after the card is made (or at least before the plastic is laid over), but it is doubtful they will go that routes because MLB would have to track the jersey pieces for a longer time.

interesting idea, this, but I also am one who would like the stuff on the back. Authenticity is important, but aesthetics even moreso for me.

WillBBC

Feb 22, 2012
I'm not much of a breaker at all but I've been buying Strata football since it came out. The set goes against everything design-wise that I normally like and yet I still love it.

That being said--the football boxes are 50-60 bucks for 18 packs and no fewer than two autographs per box. I'll just stick to singles and buy the autographs I want.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Each piece of the jersey is getting a sticker here, and I wonder when they are being affixed?

So you think MLB Authenticated is going to print duplicate holos for topps to affix to more than one jersey card?

I guess we'll have to wait for the checklist or release to see if the holo material are 1/1 (since you only have one holo per gu item) or if there will be /10, /25, or /50, etc. because MLB Auth has printed numerious duplicate holos for topps to affix to each relic card made of that particular gu item.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
So you think MLB Authenticated is going to print duplicate holos for topps to affix to more than one jersey card?

I guess we'll have to wait for the checklist or release to see if the holo material are 1/1 (since you only have one holo per gu item) or if there will be /10, /25, or /50, etc. because MLB Auth has printed numerious duplicate holos for topps to affix to each relic card made of that particular gu item.
Look at the sell sheet (the link at the bottom of the OP). Every single relic card will have a sticker on it (those numbered to 50 as well as 1/1s), but the ones shown in the mock-ups are different from regular MLB authentication stickers (smaller). I think Topps is paying MLB to authenticate every piece, which I'm guessing will just entail a rep being there to put a sticker on each piece as they cut the jersey up.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009

2015 Topps Strata Baseball Hits The Market As A Standalone Product. The Unique Layered, Acetate Cards Will Showcase Autographs As Well As Relics Authenticated Under The Auspices Of The MLB Authentication Program In The Clearly Authentic Subsets.

Collectors Can Track Where And When The Relic Was Used With The MLB Authentication Hologram That Will Be Affixed On Every Relic Piece In The Clearly Authentic Subsets.

So if these cards are "clearly authentic," what does that say about Topps's other relics. Not clearly authentic? Clearly unauthentic?

MLB already does (or has done) this. See this authenticated piece of a base sold by The Highland Mint as an example.

Members online