Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ripkenfan126

Jan 5, 2017
Found it on ebay. Was listed as a BIN/BO. Started talking to the guy because he had $20 Shipping charge on the card. Was able to work out a good deal with free shipping in the end.

Wow just saw. Missed that one somehow.
I would have bought that full price with shipping. Idk what u got it for but that was cheap imo.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Picked up these for a lot less than 20k

WP57hso.jpg

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Chris , I told you he would pull the mirror blue off of Ebay before it sold . Guy is wacky . He has done this in the past .

I see the PSA 9 doubled since then. I wonder what the POP is of a PSA 10 from what I remember a guy has 2 then there is mine and the one that just ended. I was hoping to see it end but it was over $30k which is crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Dec 4, 2008
Question on the 1997 Bowman's Best Mirror Image Refractors. I was previously aware that the Inverted Refractors can sometimes be missing the "Refractor" label underneath the card number. I just recently noticed that this also is present for the regular refractors also. Does anyone know how common this error is vs. the production run? Does this only happen on the Refractors and not the Atomics?

biggio (24).jpg

Attachments

• biggio (11).jpg
    biggio (11).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 39

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
My website is coming along I am wondering if anyone would have an issue using their images to put on my website. My hope is to have front and back images of every Jeter card from the 90’s. I will probably just start with the Beckett listed but would like to expand. This will be a time consuming project mostly because my cards are not near me at the moment but when I am finished I will post it here just asking for permission to us images of cards I don’t own.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
This was the first '98 Topps Stars N Steel Gold I have seen for sale in the past 5 years, still haven't seen a Holo Gold. It's always weird when cards like this never come up and no one is really interested in them & they sell for the minimum. I guess because this is an 'oddball' release as far as Topps products go.

Image 12.png

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
This was the first '98 Topps Stars N Steel Gold I have seen for sale in the past 5 years, still haven't seen a Holo Gold. It's always weird when cards like this never come up and no one is really interested in them & they sell for the minimum. I guess because this is an 'oddball' release as far as Topps products go.

View attachment 86523

@ 1:40 packs for the 98's with only 12 packs per box they were a real tuff pull.

Jeternyanks

May 16, 2015
Bergen, NJ
Chris: Have you tried COMC for pics, They have alot of photos front and back of Jeter 90 Cards. Welcome back, LMK when you are planning to unload some of those Jeets😉
Tai

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
While it's not an insert, it was used in the productions of a 1990's Donruss release; stoked to finally add a Dick Perez original.
View attachment 86746View attachment 86747

That's pretty awesome! I've always wondered (and maybe I'm just missing the obvious) but how do they make the printing plate from an original artwork like this? Digital photo or something else? A "How It's Made" at a card manufacturer (thinking Topps when they were making 1993 Finest) would be sweet!

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
That's pretty awesome! I've always wondered (and maybe I'm just missing the obvious) but how do they make the printing plate from an original artwork like this? Digital photo or something else? A "How It's Made" at a card manufacturer (thinking Topps when they were making 1993 Finest) would be sweet!

I believe the exact same way the do photo images; they coat the plate with a light sensitive chemical etching or hardening agent, and expose the image (in the form of a photo negative or photo positive) to certain colors of light so that reflected light is etched on to the plate. Essentially, they isolate the 3 primaries and black with certain light forms.