Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Recent slab pickups / grading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Got a Clemens panel back the size of a panel truck :)
It's huge- they used the magazine slab -- can't say I like the slab size maybe cut it in half ??
There has to be dozens of thin panels like this out there to justify the cost of producing one

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Back on Day 2 of my " 365 Days of Red Sox" posts made a few short comments on this next one. One of these days in the near future will need to dig up the background on that series. Just got this one back from grading. As you know they had multiple tiers / levels and your player might be in multiple winner groups. Clemens is in the C group and on the ABCD winner as well. I also believe he's on teh A error one as well.

Haven't sent in my C winner or A errors yet getting the big boy out first. Thought it could gem- missed some surface flaws
Oh well Mint is fine :)

Checking into whether PSA will slab the various winner unopened packs- not sure yet

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Finally slabbed the " Ball" Hoggs version well after my autographed Boss Hoggs version

attachment.php

attachment.php

Goes with my auto Boss Hoggs version

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
A couple more for the 2005 Prime Cuts slabbed.Anyone who does this series knows its never ending
These are for the Yankees version Timelines # 10 subseries

The Material CY Home/Road Jersey # to just 25
The Material Jersey Number # to just 10

I'll have to figure out how many of the Timelines T10 subseries I have
Whole problem with that subset is everything is low numbered
I mean EVERYTHING is a pain to locate still working on it 14 years later own a ton just have to slab them
Still finding low # one spopping up on feebay I need as well

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
I was recently able to slab 3 others from the 2005 Prime Cuts Timelines Red Sox # T27subseries
Trying to stay on top of the Prime Cuts slabbing as I really, really need to stop subbing / buying duplicates :(
I have a bunch of the # to 50 items I haven't slabbed yet lower # take priority
As stated prior these low numbered items n this series takes years to complete I am slabbing stuff I own but am
still looking for a whole bunch of low # stuff that just doesnt come up often ( or at a fair price point)
And while some people would be disappointed in that prime piece with just a small smidge of patch showing- I'm not
To me I look for plain vanilla patches rather than the 'eye popper' type. More authentic the plainer it appears -least to me

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'll have to locate my recent other slabs that came back also- need to do inventory ( again) on what I still need

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Added 2 more slabbed 2005 Prime Cuts #91 to the stable. Still slabbing the low # stuff first
More to be scanned today as I make insurance people happy

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Normally don't venture out of my PSA / BGS comfort zone but if I see something I like I will. Saw this SGC lot and snatched it up immediately
Clemens going to BGS as well as a Garciaparra. Keeping 1 Garciaparra as is as I already own a PSA slabbed version

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Scanning to make the insurance folks happy- more stuff going to storage in the morning.

attachment.php

attachment.php

If you know anything about Tek Golds you know foiling /surface flaws are the issues that prevents high grades
No different on these 2. Did not realize it but the 8/10 one is a dupe-just saw I had 5/10 when I entered my registry
Ah well,,,, maybe trade it later with another Clemens person

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
One more BGS slab tried sliding by me- last one before I move on to my PSA sub then back to another BGS sub that just came back.

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
First group of PSA slabs scanned. The Chipper if you've been watching my break thread was pulled from a 2007 Bowman Chrome box
Surprised on the 10 expected a 9. The Fournette folks is pure joy. It came as part of a FREE group of Panini Pack a Day sent from ebay

I bought an item from a seller and he sent a few packs along. Busted them and out that Wind Chimes # 13/25 popped. Subbed it right away :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
The absolute BEST centered Puckett I've seen in the 30+ years worth of Baseballs Best I've broken
Thats no understatment- I've cracked 300+ individual boxes worth of this stuff looking for the best centered examples
Take out printing issues that occurred from not wiping down the press this would be the bext 10 you'd ever see.

attachment.php

attachment.php

And while it can't be seen well in that photo why it did not gem I blew it up to show it as I'm reselling so I want people to see why
As you can see someone didn't wipe teh press of- smearing occurred and hence surface issue. The only defect I see on the card at all

attachment.php

While I'd love to have had it in a BGS slab I don't collect him so PSA for resale it is
Below is the Clemens I've owned for years for comparison
The Puckett is a spot on 10 for centering = Clemens is great but slightly off

attachment.php

Will scan more in a bit have to get my feebay stuff handled insurance stuff done

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Many years ago- almost a dozen- I moved cross country here to Vegas for a) better weather and b) more enjoyable work. I had to shove a whole bunch of stuff into multiple storage units and was only able to pack enough to completely fill my Toyota Camry to the gills. Somehow shoved six 5000 count boxes into my back seat area and drove 2800+ miles here. Once I found a pad I rented a storage unit and into the unit went these boxes along with a metal storage cabinet so they'd stay dry and safe. Fast forward to early this year when I decide to upgrade my pad and relocate. Newer pad is great so I decide hey let's upgrade it all so I can get back to doing my cards again like I used to. I take out one 5000 ct box and start going thru it. I realize its all 1980's stuff I've relocated from MA to CT and now to Vegas.

A bunch gets separated and sent out to the Team Collectors and roughly 400 or so I decide to grade. Batch 1 has just come back in the latest PSA sub
Was happy to see that despite dragging these cards around since the mid 80's I was STILL able to keep them in good shape :)

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Ok folks more stuff scanned this morning. These came from several recent box breaks I took part in
I'm sure [MENTION=2759]Therion[/MENTION] will appreciate all the Astros autos :)

What I really like about 2019 Stadium Club autos is the on card aspect. While I dotn collect post-2007
I occasionally will make exceptions for certain stuff

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
OK a couple more new Nomars and a Blake Snell 2019 TSC Chrome # 15/99 Gem 10 back now scanned

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Newest batch scanned--all came from the 1997 Bowman's Best box I broke a month or so ago and subbed
The Guerrero and Rolen part of the projects being worked on the rest are feebay materials
The Piazza I already know a buyer who likes him :)

That Snell by the Way I just realized they mislabeled-- its actually the Orange Refractor I sent in
Going back :(

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
A few more scans from the recent sub thats back
I enjoy the Guillen refractor it really pops when shown next to the base
Did as well as expected on the Vlad and Gwynn. Tek had a minor surface flaw on it
You need to look by the CI on back in "tehnicians" to see it. Gwynn is basically OC enough not to gem
Teks were pack fresh and as expected the Heltons go to a project being worked on rest on feebay

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
I just got this in. Never thought I’d own one but I had a bonus from work and eBay recently had 10% eBay bucks.

View attachment 91627

Sweet card !! Thankfully someone finally read my 1st post about posting their slabs if they cared to:D

More stuff scanned all headed to feebay .These are from the 1998 Crown Royale, 2002 Bowman Chrome and the 2000 Bowman Chrome loaded box.

The Clemens rescanned for eBay already own his BGS card and a PSA 10 so being resold.
I actually saw a surface issue I had NOT noticed when maield in originally so learned something today- not be in a hurry !
The 2002 Chrome Jeter Reprint has a slight L-R issue that took it off the 10.
The 1998 Crown Royale are horribly packaged this is the best I expected so happy there
The 2000 Bowman Chrome refractors are slightly OC no surprise on grades- still 1st graded versions though so set builders need them
The Grace has a printers created dot on it marring surface- 9 was also best I saw. Slightly OC on back also
I expect 10 on the Teen Idols and was not unhappy to see them come thru

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php