Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Hey all - Marco and I have been chatting, and we are wondering if ANYONE can confirm the existence of these cards:

1996 Ultra HR Kings Gold Medallion Non-Redeemed (Exchange Info on Back)
1997 Circa Rave Checklist
1997 Topps Pro-Shooter Marble
1999 Skybox Premium Star Rubies Checklist

Who can dash our hopes? Post-away!

I have the Marble so it exists. I'm sure all those others as well, nothing that should be non-existent anyway, but can't 100% confirm.

spikes

Jan 2, 2009
Hey all - Marco and I have been chatting, and we are wondering if ANYONE can confirm the existence of these cards:

1996 Ultra HR King Gold Medallion Non-Redeemed exists. I pulled it whe the product came out. I sent it out to be redeemed. I sold the card about 5 month ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Since this site hasn't been updated in a few years, http://griffeycollectors.webs.com/

I have decided to not renew the url griffeycollectors.com as I just got my renewal info..

It's just a url that has been forwarding to the first link so I don't think it's needed anymore..

So if any of you have this link in your favorites, and it doesn't work, you will know why..

Thanks,
Kevin

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
Since this site hasn't been updated in a few years, http://griffeycollectors.webs.com/

I have decided to not renew the url griffeycollectors.com as I just got my renewal info..

It's just a url that has been forwarding to the first link so I don't think it's needed anymore..

So if any of you have this link in your favorites, and it doesn't work, you will know why..

Thanks,
Kevin

If anyone is interested in keeping the site live and updated, let us know and we can get you the info. I just don't have the ability to update it anymore. I'd be happy to pass the info along to whomever would like to take over

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MadHandle11

Jan 31, 2011
Spokane, WA
Started a thread for this but figured I would share my latest pickup here too:

Been looking for this card a long time. Really excited to finally add it to my collection,

bedot

Dec 4, 2011
Does anyone have the 2013 Museum gold frame /15 or black frame/5 and is looking to sell. If so, pm me.

flarick

Apr 30, 2009
South Florida
I have the '96 Ultra GM, the Pro-Shooter Marble and the C/L but have never seen either the Rave C/L or the Skybox Star Rubies C/L.

murphy17

Nov 28, 2010
So I was feeling nostalgic and bought a couple boxes of 1997 Collector's Choice. I was looking to hit the lottery, and I did. As a Griffey collector, this is the best pull of my life. 1997 Upper Deck Collector's Choice You Crash the Game INSTANT WIN Griffey. For those of you that don't know about this card, you may want to look it up. griffey_instant_win_small.JPG

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
So I was feeling nostalgic and bought a couple boxes of 1997 Collector's Choice. I was looking to hit the lottery, and I did. As a Griffey collector, this is the best pull of my life. 1997 Upper Deck Collector's Choice You Crash the Game INSTANT WIN Griffey. For those of you that don't know about this card, you may want to look it up. View attachment 28684

WOW!!! Incredible pull! Talk about beating the odds! Any flaws?

murphy17

Nov 28, 2010
WOW!!! Incredible pull! Talk about beating the odds! Any flaws?

Thanks guys! It doesn't look to have any flaws. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. I stuck it up on ebay at a very high price, but odds are that it will stay in my collection. Have you guys ever seen one of these? I've searched Griffey cards on ebay daily for years and have never come across one.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
^Congrats, nice hit Murphy.

I buy wax from time to time with a specific card in mind hoping to hit the lottery. hasn't happened recently. but glad you did!

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Thanks guys! It doesn't look to have any flaws. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. I stuck it up on ebay at a very high price, but odds are that it will stay in my collection. Have you guys ever seen one of these? I've searched Griffey cards on ebay daily for years and have never come across one.

I think that's a fair price to start the negotiation. Congrats again!

I don't have any 1997s in my collection, but three 1998s (Andruw and Buhner x2). There's just something special about Choice inserts because of how they were distributed. It will never really be that way again.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
This popped up on blowout in the 90s thread yesterday:

WP_000507_zps830667dc.jpg

murphy17

Nov 28, 2010
This popped up on blowout in the 90s thread yesterday:

WP_000507_zps830667dc.jpg

Wow. I knew those existed, but I've never seen one. Is there anything else on this card to differentiate the 1/1 from the regular EO-Portrait? Someone could just use some tool to cut out that 1/1 if that's all there is to it. I mean I assume that this is the real deal, but if that is all there is to it, I wouldn't want to buy it.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Not sure how you differentiate other than the 1/1 stamp. I have seen the stamps, and that one looks like the real deal. Hell of a fake if it is. Already sold.

Members online

Latest posts