Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Tournament 2 - Autos # 90 - 115 - Congratulations Metallicalex777

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
This tournament is for autographed cards numbered between 90 and 115 (or those cards with a confirmed print run within those boundaries).

Participants for this are: bmp1971, alexs64, Zan, RStadlerASU22, chris19978, carlitoson, metallicalex777 and MisterT

Based on mixed feedback in the prior tournament (and difficulty in timing the voting/polling), all voting will be in the thread (no poll) for this tournament to try and encourage more comments and participation. We will likely re-reevaluate this again for the next tournament.

Bracket.jpg

As a reminder, the rules for all tournaments are posted here: http://www.freedomcardboard.com/foru...nd-Information

Last edited:

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Here is the results of the randomization:

attachment.php

Attachments

• random.JPG
    random.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 184

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I'm voting for the Tejada on this one. For one it is an on-card auto so I am a bit biased there, and the design is pretty simple in a great way on front and back as well. The Swihart is a good photo of him and blue refractors really pop well overall but the sticker on a chrome card tanks it (even though I have stickered chrome cards myself).

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I'll go with the Tejada here for a few reasons: liked him as a player (regardless of PEDs), came from an era that I was most into watching baseball, and the Leaf Sig sets are/were very important to the hobby and Cent Marks can be difficult to find. I must say the angle in which he signed hurts it. The Blake does have a cool pic and like the Blue border. However I don't connect with him, and sticker autos are tough for me to be a fan of.

Ryan

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
I vote for the Tejada. Most importantly, it's an on-card auto; additionally, it's part of a set with great significance in our hobby and features a player with an established name (good or bad).

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Tejada :pics show action; front with fielding, back with follow through swing. The auto is off a bit and does hurt the eye appeal. As with many latin players, they're signature isnt very good. Decent player from an era of baseball that didnt have any rules against certain PED's but MLB didnt do anything to stop them either.

Swihart: Pic on the front shows a nice action shot with the mask flying off, looks to be going after a high infield/foul blooper. Nice chrome blue border. The sticker auto is what it is but the auto itself is a B-squiggly Sw-squiggly. I'm not a fan of graded cards either but that hasnt affected my decision.

I'll go with Tejada only because I like the Donruss design over the plain rectangle Bowman.

Fordman

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Tejada for me I am more of an on card Auto person stickers just are not that appealing to me.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I am going with the Swihart. I like the throw off the mask action pose and the blue refractor sure doesn't hurt.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
The Swihart is #'d /99, his first chrome auto from Bowman (2010 BC), and a very tough pull that year. It's also only 1 of 2 graded 9.5 or better, which is significant, IMO, esp if he pans out like some are expecting.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I have to go with the Tejada on card auto..

Since Swihart auto is a sticker, he probably never held the card.. So he didn't sign the card, he signed a sheet of stickers..

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
I chose the Tejada card honestly because it's the earliest first-year card in my PC that has a serial number AND a print run between 90-115 (0092/100). On top of that he was (is?) a darn good player (MVP, multiple all-star, etc.). The first guy I remember being called "Miggy".

With that said...my vote as always goes to my opponent (Swihart).

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
I would have sent something like these in if I knew the sticker auto was going to be such a hang-up for people (Soler /99, Polanco /100):

SOLER.GREEN.AU.RC.99.15BC.NS1600.jpg SOLER.GREEN.AU.RC.99.B.15BC.NS1.jpg

polanco.black.au.23.100.14tc.ns.jpg polanco.black.au.rc.b.14tc.ns.jpg

Without bias, I choose the Swihart over the Tejada. If anyone wants a scan of the back, I can take one and post it.

Last edited:

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I would have sent something like these in if I knew the sticker auto was going to be such a hang-up for people (Soler /99, Polanco /100):

Without bias, I choose the Swihart over the Tejada. If anyone wants a scan of the back, I can take one and post it.

We will be doing more rounds on autos for sure. Stickers are a reality in the hobby. FWIW all cards are submitted before I publish anything so no one (other than me) knows what people have sent in. (And, I pick my card before I open the tournament for submissions.) Anyway, as said before, I went with Blake b/c I like the pose and coloring. Too each their own. Just keep the subs coming in for other tournaments!

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I vote Tejada. It's kind of hard to find an older veteran auto /100. Usually they are lower serial numbered, or really high numbered in the cases of the first auto cards. I had a feeling newer rookie autos would dominate this bracket. I'm not a sticker hater, so that didn't really play into it. The Donruss Signature Series cards were kind of a historic set too - first per pack auto.