Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ben Badler's Top 10 Teams to Sign Masahiro Tanaka List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
If the west coast rumors are true, the mariners will be tough to beat. I have the dodgers right there and the angels a lot closer than 10, they want and need him also.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
As a Cub fan, I think they will make a strong push for him. The one team that really scares me is the Mariners with such a strong Japanese market out there and with Ichiro's history there.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
New Tanaka news:

John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle hears that Tanaka's initial preferred cities are Los Angeles, New York and Boston

Interesting considering so many place had the M's were number 1. Boston isn't likely to be in the running and I would assume that by saying LA the Dodgers are more likely than the Angels.

So it looks like its the Dodgers and Yankees at this point (which could change at a moments notice).

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
Angels are all in. Mariners will be too. Cant put too much into one guys opinion.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Is this guy more Yu Darvish or Hideki Irabu? From what I've read about him it doesn't seem like he should be worth what everyone's making him out to be.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
They say he is a tick below Darvish and in a buyer market. The contract will be massive.

Gmsieb what better team to be a homer for. Im a lifer brother

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
But everybody laughed at me when I mentioned Seattle in an earlier Thread! :cool:

and to [MENTION=9603]corockies[/MENTION], the talent is there and he's almost MUCH younger than most Japanese pitchers when they migrate over, which adds to his value...

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
With the A-Rod 162-game suspension, the Yanks have even more to splurge for him now.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
Jaypers, arod saga is no where near done. Mlb doesn't want federal court. They will settle for less games, rather than get dragged through the mud in federal court.

Members online

Latest posts