Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Trent Richardson traded to the Indianapolis Colts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
WHAT!?!?!?!??!?!!?

QB for the future in Andrew Luck... #1 overall pick in 2012
RB for the future in Trent Richardson... #3 overall pick in 2012

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
I love it and so does my fantasy teams

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas
On the surface, I like this trade. Is there something Cleveland knows that the Indianapolis doesn't?

(...otherwise, go Colts!)

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Trent Richardson traded to Colts for 1st Round Pick...

Could get real ugly in Cleveland REALLY quick...

Multiple sources reporting that the Third pick in last year's draft, RB Trent Richardson, has been traded to the Colts for a first round pick. :eek:

Anybody else think the Brownies, who looked kinda promising to start the season, are giving up already? They're starting their 3rd QB after a Weeden injury, don't have Josh Gordon for two more games, and play at the Vikings this week. And their backup RB is Bobby Rainey.

At least the Steelers won't be the last place team this season in the North!

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Have Richardson on one of my teams as well.

Really don't get this trade on Cleveland's part, Richardson a #3 pick for a 1st round pick they will more than likely be in the lower 20s. Cleveland should have gotten at least another 2014 pick and 2015 1st round pick.
Seems like a very very low return and why any other team wouldn't take this deal and give up more I just don't get it.

Colts have to be the luckiest franchise to be able to draft Manning and then get Luck! The sad part is only 1 Superbowl to show for the Manning years.

03supto

Jul 25, 2010
Have Richardson on one of my teams as well.

Really don't get this trade on Cleveland's part, Richardson a #3 pick for a 1st round pick they will more than likely be in the lower 20s. Cleveland should have gotten at least another 2014 pick and 2015 1st round pick.
Seems like a very very low return and why any other team wouldn't take this deal and give up more I just don't get it.

Colts have to be the luckiest franchise to be able to draft Manning and then get Luck! The sad part is only 1 Superbowl to show for the Manning years.

You're outta your mind...a 1st another 2014 pick and an additional 2015 1st rounder?!!!! You high? It's RICHARDSON not Ray Rice or AP...HAHAHAHA at 2 1st round picks plus another one

ronniedp23

Apr 13, 2011
The High Desert, California
This is a complete shocker and makes little sense on Cleveland's part. Props to Indy.

The colts are in win now mode. The Be owns are in win in a couple years mode. This isn't a bad mood. They'll be able to use an extra 1st round pick for talent and depth.

I don't think the browns are losing out too badly on this trade from a long term view.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Freedom Card Board mobile app

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
As a Colts fan I am ecstatic about this trade.
We've been looking for a decent running back since Edgerrin James. If TRich turns out to be a dud for the Colts, who cares? Look at what they gave up?

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
This is oh so puzzling of a trade to me from Clevelands standpoint.
Im not sure, but is everyone forgetting that Cleveland traded up ONE spot from 4 to 3 with the Vikings to get Richardson, of whom the Vikings would not have drafted anyways (Yes Petersen was coming off of the knee surgery, but they would not have drafted Richardson), the Vikes had their sites set on Kalil.

Here is what Cleveland gave up to move up one spot in 2012

Cleveland Browns receive:

• No. 3 overall
Minnesota Vikings receive:

• No. 4 overall
  • Fourth round pick (No. 118 overall)
  • Fifth round pick (No. 139 overall)
  • Seventh round pick (No. 211 overall)
Granted the Browns had a lot of picks in 2012, but they gave up 3 picks to move up one spot, yet traded Richardson 18 games into his career for whats looking like it will be around 20th in the first round. Again, this just doesnt make sense from a Browns standpoint. I honestly think the Colts got such a steal here that in another couple of years, if Richardson pans out and becomes a stud RB, and they draft or trade or sign a few more key components, they will be a SB contender.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
You're outta your mind...a 1st another 2014 pick and an additional 2015 1st rounder?!!!! You high? It's RICHARDSON not Ray Rice or AP...HAHAHAHA at 2 1st round picks plus another one

Not even close to being high. Look what Cleveland gave up to pick him. He may not be AP or Rice but not to many RBs are of that quality. Plus they are on historically more overall talented teams.

I think Cleveland sold really really low and way to early on Richardson. Maybe he isn't worth 2 #1s but at least a one plus additional picks.

Why deal a good RB when all they need is a better QB. They have decent WRs considering who was throwing to them last year.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
My initial gut reaction was the Colts got a steal here. I still believe this but after further thought Cleveland got a first round draft choice on the cheap (though trading up for Richardson now seems strange). Perhaps they are targeting one of the QBs next year. Anther possibility is they parlay the pick into more picks Patriots style. Yet another possibility is using the pick to trade up if they are not on top of the board to begin with. Running backs are not a dime a dozen but are readily available outside the first round. Look where the Packers landed Lacy. Ray Rice was second round. Arian Foster? No round. Obviously this is a win for the Colts but could be a bigger win for the Browns if they don't draft the second coming of Tim Couch.

kerryfan5

Sep 17, 2012
Ohio thourgh Dickinson, N.D.
My initial gut reaction was the Colts got a steal here. I still believe this but after further thought Cleveland got a first round draft choice on the cheap (though trading up for Richardson now seems strange). Perhaps they are targeting one of the QBs next year. Anther possibility is they parlay the pick into more picks Patriots style. Yet another possibility is using the pick to trade up if they are not on top of the board to begin with. Running backs are not a dime a dozen but are readily available outside the first round. Look where the Packers landed Lacy. Ray Rice was second round. Arian Foster? No round. Obviously this is a win for the Colts but could be a bigger win for the Browns if they don't draft the second coming of Tim Couch.

This is a wise post. I feel the same way. Browns got left with Richardson and now have a chance to land a cornerstone player with there high pick and add a WR or RB with the colts mid to low first round pick.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts