Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Your best line-up of players that will never make the HOF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Must have a player for each position. Here is mine. Who you got? I will take this team against the 1927 Yankees in a 7 game series and bet this team would win.

Lead off Kenny Lofton CF
2ND Dave Concepción SS
3RD Jeff Kent 2ND
4Th Juan Gonzalez RF
5Th Albert Bell LF
6TH Aramis Ramirez 3B
7Th Will Clark 1B
8TH Edgar Martínez DH
9TH Lance Parrish C

Pitchers
Roy Halladay
Andy Pettitte
Ron Guidry
Jack Morris

Closer
Lee Smith

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
C-Jorge Posada
1B-Steve Garvey
2B-Jeff Kent
3B-Matt Williams
SS-Miguel Tejada
LF-Albert Belle
CF-Kenny Lofton
RF-Juan Gozalez
DH-David Ortiz

Don't feel like getting into the pitchers right now

exigussrex

Sep 17, 2010
los angeles
Nice thread! The 2002 Angels really embody this idea for me...mostly players who will probably not make the HOF. I do realize, however, that's not the "best" line-up.
[MENTION=1812]Halonut[/MENTION] - you don't think Ortiz will make the HOF?

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
1B - Dick Allen
2B - Lou Whitaker
SS - Alan Trammel
3B - Pete Rose
LF - Shoeless Joe Jackson
CF - Barry Bonds
RF - Larry Walker
C - Joe Torre
P - Luis Tiant
P - Jack Morris
P - Jim Kaat
P - Tommy John
RP - Lee Smith

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Doubtful, Full time DH, Zero defensive capability, Steroid Conversation. All things that lead voters away.

...crazy to say he'll never make the HOF. I am not saying he's gonna make it but 3 rings with the Sox as well as best WS career average, best power hitting DH of all-time, one of the most clutch hitters ever and stats that are potentially hall-worthy certainly merit consideration. I do agree the PED issue is problematic today. Who knows with voters in the future.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
...crazy to say he'll never make the HOF. I am not saying he's gonna make it but 3 rings with the Sox as well as best WS career average, best power hitting DH of all-time, one of the most clutch hitters ever and stats that are potentially hall-worthy certainly merit consideration. I do agree the PED issue is problematic today. Who knows with voters in the future.
Why is that crazy to say? He's a god awful defensive player and all he does is hit for power with a solid average. Just my opinion but he need to put up a few more very good seasons to get it. You have to be incredible to make it as a one dimensional player which is what Ortiz is. Ortiz just doesn't have insane stats yet and needs a few more good years. Plus with the PED stuff I find it hard to believe he will get it. But by that time voters may very well change their views and open up to allowing one dimensional players or players with PED connections into the Hall.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Why is that crazy to say? He's a god awful defensive player and all he does is hit for power with a solid average. Just my opinion but he need to put up a few more very good seasons to get it. You have to be incredible to make it as a one dimensional player which is what Ortiz is. Ortiz just doesn't have insane stats yet and needs a few more good years. Plus with the PED stuff I find it hard to believe he will get it. But by that time voters may very well change their views and open up to allowing one dimensional players or players with PED connections into the Hall.

......it is outright crazy to say he'll "never" make it. The point of this thread was to list a line-up of players who will never make the HOF and it is certainly possible he will.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I think Rose, Bonds, Shoeless Joe, Clemens, Arod and other cheaters will eventually get in.

So my lineup based on players chosen during their prime years are:

1. Tim Raines CF
2. Nomar Garciaparra SS
3. Don Mattingly 1B
4. Juan Gonzalez LF
5. Albert Belle DH
6. Dale Murphy RF
7. Jeff Kent 2B
8. Scott Rolen 3B
9. Yadier Molina C

Starting Pitchers:

Dwight Gooden