Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~^~^~^~^ Monday Morning Thread ~^~^~^~^

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Pharis

Good morning all! Hope your first week of June is a good one.

I've got 6 new Don Zimmers to chase in Topps Archives (Base SP and 6 autos). Knocked off one of the hardest ones first at what I think was a great price. It's the purple /10. Got it for $19.99. A gold /50 ended yesterday at $39.99, so not sure why I got this so cheap, and was the only bidder. Only thing I saw was that it was a 24 hr. auction, don't think that helped the seller. Picture wasn't very good either.
$_57.JPG

And this morning this Vlad sketch was listed with a $27.99 BIN - been looking for a Vlad sketch and I really liked this one, so grabbed it.
$_57.JPG

I needed a Zimmer in my collection so I figured this year's archives were as good as any. Hell, I paid $17.99 for the base Auto + "SP" base card. You got a steal on the purple, for sure.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Good afternoon.
[MENTION=1845]gracecollector[/MENTION] don't forget the base SP parallels: Gold /199 & Silver /99. I was happy to see Olerud in 2014 Archives ('86 design as a Met), and with a Deckle Edge insert too, but I was disappointed to see all the parallels. I much prefer how the set was in 2012 the last time Johnny-O was included, with just a base and an auto.

- Rodrick

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Good afternoon.
[MENTION=1845]gracecollector[/MENTION] don't forget the base SP parallels: Gold /199 & Silver /99. I was happy to see Olerud in 2014 Archives ('86 design as a Met), and with a Deckle Edge insert too, but I was disappointed to see all the parallels. I much prefer how the set was in 2012 the last time Johnny-O was included, with just a base and an auto.

- Rodrick

Ugh. Haven't seen any base SP parallels yet. So for auto's it's base, gold 50, silver 25, purple 10, sapphire 5, red 1, and for the base it's base, gold /199 and silver /99, and 1/1 printing plates. Guess that's a total of 13 cards to the checklist. Yeah, I could have gone for a base auto, a gold auto, a base card, and some sort of limited base like a refractor.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
What a relief to see Holt still in the lineup for Boston with Drew back. :D

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good evening guys. Work was interesting today. Ended up having to go to lunch earlier than normal, which made the afternoon drag on. They like all of the employees to take lunch at the same time, that way we can all work together on projects out there. Then we spent the afternoon excavating a grave. We had to reopen one of them for this service. There are pre-placed crypts in the ground already, and they are stacked 2 deep. Well a couple of years ago the wife was interred, and the husband just passed away this year so he will be buried in the crypt above her. It was the first time they have had to open a grave so it was new to all of us. We worked right through what would have been our break, so we were told to leave 20 minutes early today so I wasn't complaining :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts