Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Keith Law's Top 100 Prospects of 2013

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
[MENTION=1770]Jaypers[/MENTION]413 (IL)
Syndergaard at the bottom of the list - meaning, you aren't too optimistic he'll develop the curveball?

Klaw (3:41 PM)
yes, that is the primary reason he's not higher on the list.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
eh, its not even worth it. my assessment is based on scouting and the fact that 18 year olds tend to struggle at those levels. If you want to look at the numbers and say he's not much of anything, thats great...

Nt saying he isn't much of anything. I'm saying I don't see the bat. Im saying i dont see how he is a top prospect. I pointed out a less heralded, though still MLB quality, player who at the same age and same level put up better numbers and did not improve on them much as he went up a level, as Lindor will as well.

I apologize for buttressing my arguments with available data. I'm well aware he was drafted high, and why. I'm suggesting that the pedigree (champion dogs have pedigrees, players have scouting reports, unles their father s an MLBer). You referred to might have been incorrect, or that the available data calls it in to question.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I asked about Lindor by basically posing the topic we're discussing here, but he didn't really answer the question with any substance other than simply saying he has more than just a glove so his response wasn't helpful.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
His glove is gold worthy, will hit for average. Might hit 10-15 HR's. I don't think he is #7 worthy but between 10-15 seems reasonable.

Talking with the scout I associate with told me Lindor could hit 15-20 a year in his prime. Also said to me that Profar could be a Jeter with more range.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
I saw Paulino play quite a bit and talked to his coaches about him. He had one of the most mature approaches I saw in the many NYP games I went to. As a 17 year old. His glove is pretty terrible and he might not have elite power yet. But the way he approached at bats was incredibly impressive. I see him as a corner OF with .285/.400/.485, maybe about 20 HR. He'll be a big leaguer in 3 years. The name I kept hearing was Manny Ramirez, both in ability and in attitude.

The guy I saw with Paulino is Robinson Cano. He can stick at 2nd IMO.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Did you have the list posted?

Use the link in the OP and scroll down - you should be able to see the list. Scouting reports require an Insider subscription.

EDIT - Evidently, things have changed since this morning, when it could be seen for free. Now it requires a subscription to be viewed. If you can't see it, shoot me a PM.

Last edited:

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
Also, Keith Law said that the Twins have the 2nd best Farm System after the Cardinals right now. I'm not sure if it is that high, but it is very nice to see after Bill Smith decimated our Farm System while GM. Terry Ryan has cleaned up the Farm pretty quickly after that mess.

I like his confidence in Rosario :D

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
@Jaypers413 (IL)
Syndergaard at the bottom of the list - meaning, you aren't too optimistic he'll develop the curveball?

Klaw (3:41 PM)
yes, that is the primary reason he's not higher on the list.

heh... wondering if he has word of something deeper and isnt telling us. mostly because of his favorable ranking of Sanchez, the guy toronto kept, and then synder, the guy they let go.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Lindor is 19 /12, not 18. Just pointing that out. You can say baez has holes, that is possible. I personally don't see "a bunch of holes" in his swing. I can tell you that Giancarlo Stanton has holes in swing, and I don't see that being argued.

If you want to do an over/under of Lindor's career high in Homeruns, I would take UNDER 20, for say $500 and not blink twice. Watch this tiny little dude play, and show me way the power is coming from. Its not there, and is NOT going to be there.

Last edited:

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Lindor is 19 /12, not 18. Just pointing that out. You can say baez has holes, that is possible. I personally see "a bunch of holes" in his swing. I can tell you that Giancarlo Stanton has holes in swing, and I don't see that being argued.

If you want to do an over/under of Lindor's career high in Homeruns, I would take UNDER 20, for say $500 and not blink twice. Watch this tiny little dude play, and show me way the power is coming from. Its not there, and is NOT going to be there.

Agree 100%.

nbailey

Apr 2, 2010
Can an Insider tell me how many Astros made the list?
I'm sure Correa, Singleton, and Springer did. Not sure about DeShields, Cosart, or Foltynewicz. Jaypers already said no McCullers.

The thing that's blowing my mind is Robbie Grossman at 105. He doesn't crack the BA Top 10 list (and Domingo Santana is probably #11 on that list) - so how does he crack the Top 110 in this list?

yrocks2001

Jan 24, 2011
Can an Insider tell me how many Astros made the list?
I'm sure Correa, Singleton, and Springer did. Not sure about DeShields, Cosart, or Foltynewicz. Jaypers already said no McCullers.

The thing that's blowing my mind is Robbie Grossman at 105. He doesn't crack the BA Top 10 list (and Domingo Santana is probably #11 on that list) - so how does he crack the Top 110 in this list?

Deshields is 83
Cosart is 86
No Foltynewicz

nbailey

Apr 2, 2010
Deshields is 83
Cosart is 86
No Foltynewicz

Thanks yrocks2001.
That makes Robbie Grossman the 6th best Astros prospect according to Keith Law. Ahead of Folty, Lance McCullers Jr, Rio Ruiz, and Domingo Santana. I'm pretty sure Keith Law is nuts here, but I'm happy that the Astros have so much depth to their system.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
What proven major leauger does Rymer Liriano compare to if he were to reach his ceiling?

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online