Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

===== Pay-It-Forward Discussion ========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sscards

Jul 18, 2010
I posted 1 on the other thread but I'm still looking for more cards to post

Last edited:

sscards

Jul 18, 2010
Or was it like low end to good home? Something with low end in it maybe? A mat latos rookie auto

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
No, the PIF thread is a higher end card thread. Basically, people put a nice card or two up and allow a fellow collector to have the card(s). The collector who received the card(s) should the "pay it forward" by putting a nice card or two up to give away; ideally those cards will be worth as much or more than the cards that person received.

Last edited:

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
[MENTION=4618]James52411[/MENTION] we need clean up on isle 4. so a Matt Latos rc auto is replacing the tigers auto lot ?????????????????

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
------OFFICIAL PAY-IT-FORWARD THREAD (Kaline & Trammell Autos)-----------

Or was it like low end to good home? Something with low end in it maybe? A mat latos rookie auto

I see. Could you repost in this thread exactly what you are offering in replacement of the Kaline and Trammell Autos so it is clear to all what is available as the current PIF item? I don't mean this in a rude way at all, but you might want to add to the Latos if possible so you don't get flamed in here based on the previous conversations in the PIF discussion thread about people not replacing what they take with something that either equal,to or exceeds the value of what the remove.
[MENTION=1794]A_Pharis[/MENTION], I think you had a good idea with creating a "threads you should know about" sticky so people can easily find these kind of threads (PIF, PIF discussion, Free To Good Home, etc...). Is that still an option?

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
[MENTION=7001]TTM[/MENTION], if you don't have a high end collection, that is understandable. Given your name, perhaps you have some hard to find autographs of players who rarely sign. Basically, it should be a card that someone sees and thinks, "that's pretty sweet, I'd like to own it."

We've had a lot of problems with freeloaders in this thread (people taking nice cards and replacing them with cards that have only a fraction of the value or desirability). The goal of the thread is to encourage generosity among collectors. Sadly, too often it's been used by people as a means of executing a lopsided trade in their own favor. That's why we all are a bit sensitive regarding nice cards being posted expeditiously in this thread.

sscards

Jul 18, 2010
Yeah im still looking for another card to add and so far have put up the Latos because i know of a few Latos collectors. I think the thread should be post what you want to give but you don't need to post something of exact or greater value because its not like a trade... You know? I understand you shouldn't be taking high value cards for a buck card but the card im offering is around like 30-40 the Kaline is like 50 and I know Latos has a big following.

Last edited:

A_Pharis

I see. Could you repost in this thread exactly what you are offering in replacement of the Kaline and Trammell Autos so it is clear to all what is available as the current PIF item? I don't mean this in a rude way at all, but you might want to add to the Latos if possible so you don't get flamed in here based on the previous conversations in the PIF discussion thread about people not replacing what they take with something that either equal,to or exceeds the value of what the remove.
@A_Pharis, I think you had a good idea with creating a "threads you should know about" sticky so people can easily find these kind of threads (PIF, PIF discussion, Free To Good Home, etc...). Is that still an option?

I'd love to see one get started, but I'm usually not in one place long enough to dig through threads. If you make one, I'll sticky it. Just try to make it comprehensive and try to include team collector threads and all.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts