Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Where do you like serial numbers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Do you prefer the parallel serial numbers on the front of back of the card?

I like them on the front if they're xx/xx or less. Anything ***/*** or more, I think they look better on the back.

What do you all think?

Fordman

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Back.
And I especially dislike handwritten numbering. It ruins the card when some old lady in accounting with good penmanship writes #3 /10 or whatever on an otherwise beautiful autographed card.
Foil stamp that card instead of having Gertrude deface it.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Back.
And I especially dislike handwritten numbering. It ruins the card when some old lady in accounting with good penmanship writes #3 /10 or whatever on an otherwise beautiful autographed card.

Hey, don't be a hater! Gertie needs a job too!

Back for me as well..

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
Ill vote for the back as well. Though on the front doesn't really bother me that much though. As for the handwritten serial numbering, I actually really really like it when they do that. Makes me think the card got that little extra attention, or is just a little bit more special. The only thing with written serial numbering, is on cards like the old fleer cards, people can just take a regular card, and write a serial # on it, and say its a buyback. Like with 2005 National Pastime, fleer bought back old 2001 fleer cards and hand wrote the serial #'s on them.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I think it really depends! I love a nice 1/1 on the front of the card. I love a nice handwritten serial # card too, if it is on, say, A&G. I've seen hand written #'s on the front of Panini cards and they totally look out of place. They just looked gross.

djmilhaus

Sep 8, 2014
Seattle
Back.

This 100%.

Members online

Latest posts