Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Found my 1992 Barry Colla Promo!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
There is rumored to be two different 1992 promos for each player though I have yet to see a pair side-by-side. My McGwire is like yours, there were many produced of McGwire at least, I've seen a couple sellers put them up in 20+ bulk. I have never seen the second variation of McGwire which is supposed to be the same front picture but a back like ASTROBURN's.

w_1992--colla--promo.jpg

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Forgot to mention there's also supposed to be two versions of the all-star version from '92. Jeffvmasters said he had the second variation of some of the players. Again though, haven't seen any myself.

sba

May 10, 2016
Los Angeles, CA
No love for the Kevin Maas collectors? :)

Hi there, it's me - I collect Kevin Maas

I have two versions of this card. One is like the Maas pictured above. The second has a sticker with a different distributor on it. I can scan them if anyone wants to see.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Here's the two different backs:

RoyWm2L.jpg

Thanks for posting. I have at least one Clark w/ the other distributor listed and maybe have a 2nd variation, I have to look. I know I forgot to bid on another that I saw. I will have to see and post pics, I wonder how many different vendors have one with their contact info sticker.?

Ryan

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
has anyone seen the Canseco promo yet? hmmmm??????

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.

those 2 cards were the unicorns I had hoped to unearth at some point.. if I saw them today I'd buy them just to scan into my thumb drive as having owned and then move them to a current collector
[MENTION=2322]jeffv96masters[/MENTION] has said he has a set of the promo's and he's been getting cards from his storage as of late so maybe one will see the light of day soon

Last edited:

mouschi

May 18, 2012
There are 2 of them? Great googly moogly. [MENTION=2322]jeffv96masters[/MENTION] if you ever want to move the Jose(s) please let me know! [MENTION=2239]1st4040[/MENTION] if I ever land them, I'll scan ands send the files to you.
those 2 cards were the unicorns I had hoped to unearth at some point.. if I saw them today I'd buy them just to scan into my thumb drive as having owned and then move them to a current collector
[MENTION=2322]jeffv96masters[/MENTION] has said he has a set of the promo's and he's been getting cards from his storage as of late so maybe one will see the light of day soon

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009

You have the 1990 Promo though right??? It's not nearly the "big foot" as those 1992 ones. I too, still need the 1992 one, if it exists, but I lean towards probably doesn't until proven otherwise, but still won't remove it from my list of needs yet.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
You have the 1990 Promo though right??? It's not nearly the "big foot" as those 1992 ones. I too, still need the 1992 one, if it exists, but I lean towards probably doesn't until proven otherwise, but still won't remove it from my list of needs yet.

I checked my want list and 2 '92 colla promos are there already, but no mention of a 90 promo??? Do you have any other info on it?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
that card comes in the 1990 boxed set unlike the 1992 promo and AS Game Promo that have basically never been seen

That's the promo though, that wasn't in the set was it? Maybe same image but that would have an actual card # if it was from the set correct?

Ryan

sba

May 10, 2016
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah, as far as I can tell, the promos are just the regular set cards from the various years with the "ORDER FROM HERE" info on the backs.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Yes the one pictured above is the same one I have. I checked the back and it is the same. The rest of the set doesn't appear to have another one that looks like that.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Yes the one pictured above is the same one I have. I checked the back and it is the same. The rest of the set doesn't appear to have another one that looks like that.

and that card was in the sealed set itself when I bought it. I've never understood why it isn't check listed accordingly. the 92 promo has been a total mystery.. they never released a set for Canseco in 92 and I don't know anybody who has and can confirm this card exists despite being on the checklist of some of the other promo's of the year. The 92 AS game promo no doubt exists as they were given out as full sets.. just haven't to this point ever seen one.

Members online